What's new

Another Mind - Numbing Listing

That is an EXTREMELY rare adustable one piece. The adjustment of those extremely rare razors is more manual than the ones with the mechanical adjustments. Although, it's a little difficult to insert a blade in these ONE piece razors - it'd be easier if it had a means to take the razor apart...

Clearly the person who listed that cannot read, and can't look at pictures, because if they had they would have realized the razor in the box isn't even TTO :lol:.

Clearly the person who listed that cannot read, and can't look at pictures, because if they had they would have realized the razor in the box isn't even TTO :lol:.

I'm with you on this one :lol::lol::lol:. Either they are really dumb or think they are really clever enough to fool some poor bidder.

Saw that one last night and just started laughing. Is it me, or are prices noticeably higher and there are tons more high starting priced items that are completely mislabeled than there were about 2-3 months ago?

eBay has turned to a pretty ugly place to buy razors these days. I keep saying it, but I really need to start hitting up the antique shops instead of surfing the 'bay. There aren't many good deals to be had anymore.

Saw that one last night and just started laughing. Is it me, or are prices noticeably higher and there are tons more high starting priced items that are completely mislabeled than there were about 2-3 months ago?

eBay has turned to a pretty ugly place to buy razors these days. I keep saying it, but I really need to start hitting up the antique shops instead of surfing the 'bay. There aren't many good deals to be had anymore.

No, it's not you, I have noticed the same thing, I cannot believe the asking/starting prices for things like NOS blades. I saw a guy had listed 20 Gillette super stainless for $7.50 + shipping, when it didn't sell he re listed for $12,50. I PMd him asking about the price increase, he replied that he just sold 10 blades for $7.50 so he felt $12.50 was a good deal. Riiiight. Of course he was lying, as a cursory search of completed auctions proved (some sellers still haven't figured out that you can search past sales).

There is a reason some refer to it a FleaBay, as it has certainly gone to the dogs.

who cares????

It's not as if you HAVE to buy it. It's a good case and instructions. SOME people look for cases/instructions/razors separately so they don't have to buy everything together for unheard of prices.

What's the big deal?

I agree but the lazy uninformed buyer is surfing right there with him.

Well, the lazy uninformed buyer deserves what he gets. There is no excuse to not know what you are buying. If people would do just a little research, these scammers and crackpots would have no one to buy their junk.

Did anyone read the add completely? Unless it was edited, which I don't think it was, the seller states very clearly that it's a three piece in an Adjustable box. I don't think he's trying to mislead anyone. I agree it's a poor auction but I think the seller was quite forward about the item.

Up for bid is a great collectible - an old Gillette Tech 3-Piece Safety Razor!

It comes in a mismatched case (an Adjustable 195 case) with the instructions (for the Adjustable), a box of blue blades, and a box of thin blades. I believe it is gold, but it could be copper or brass, I am not an expert. Also, there is no rust. The case is in great condition, besides minor scratches. Hinges work great.

Did anyone read the add completely? Unless it was edited, which I don't think it was, the seller states very clearly that it's a three piece in an Adjustable box. I don't think he's trying to mislead anyone. I agree it's a poor auction but I think the seller was quite forward about the item.

It was revised. Says so in the listing.

I looked but I guess I missed it. Sorry.

At least he listened when he was told what he had.
I have told sellers that they have mis-represented items, and they almost always fix it.

Either they aren't as venal as we think, or they think I'm an Ebay rep checking up on them.

Well, the lazy uninformed buyer deserves what he gets. There is no excuse to not know what you are buying. If people would do just a little research, these scammers and crackpots would have no one to buy their junk.
Agreed. That's why I prefer to buy and sell on the BST.

Top Bottom