What's new

Another man in the hole

My friend came over last week and while in conversation mentioned he needed a shave. I couldn't help myself and asked him what he uses. A cartridge and canned goo. I told him he would be better off with a rusty butter knife and kerosene. He mentioned he gets irritation. Imagine that.

I asked him if he would be interested in a better way, and he seemed interested. I sent him home with a freshly honed and stropped straight razor, a badger brush, a shave bowl, a puck of soap, and a bottle of aqua velva. I explained what to do, showed stropping and lather technique, etc. I said as long as he continues to use it everything is free, just add strop.

That was a week ago, and he called tonight saying he got a few nicks learning a straight, but now has a better shave than he did with a cartridge. He really enjoys the process and his irritation is greatly reduced. He thanked me again for the gear and said he is sticking with it.

I am glad he is getting better shaves, but feel bad about pushing him in the rabbit hole.........

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My friend came over last week and while in conversation mentioned he needed a shave. I couldn't help myself and asked him what he uses. A cartridge and canned goo. I told him he would be better off with a rusty butter knife and kerosene. He mentioned he gets irritation. Imagine that.

I asked him if he would be interested in a better way, and he seemed interested. I sent him home with a freshly honed and stropped straight razor, a badger brush, a shave bowl, a puck of soap, and a bottle of aqua velva. I explained what to do, showed stropping and lather technique, etc. I said as long as he continues to use it everything is free, just add strop.

That was a week ago, and he called tonight saying he got a few nicks learning a straight, but now has a better shave than he did with a cartridge. He really enjoys the process and his irritation is greatly reduced. He thanked me again for the gear and said he is sticking with it.

I am glad he is getting better shaves, but feel bad about pushing him in the rabbit hole.........
VERY generous of you my friend!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I have done similar with a couple of Filipino friends with similar results. The best part is that they will probably remain friends with me for life. Every time your friend shaves, he will think (hopefully) kindly of you.

FarmerTan

I have done similar with a couple of Filipino friends with similar results. The best part is that they will probably remain friends with me for life. Every time your friend shaves, he will think (hopefully) kindly of you.
Very well said.

I burn wood for heat, and am amazed at the generosity of folks. I have a weird memory, and I usually remember who gave me a chunk of wood.

It reminds me to pray for them as I load the wood in the fire, etc.

Very well said.

I burn wood for heat, and am amazed at the generosity of folks. I have a weird memory, and I usually remember who gave me a chunk of wood.

I never know when you're joking.🤣that's just funny either way.

Very well said.

Funny this thread came back up today. I kid you not, my cousin was complaining to me about the prices of cartridges yesterday and I was like...
tx9ek.jpg

It didn't take much convincing to get him to ditch the carts for a safety razor when I told him he could get 100 blades for $7. We have another convert!!!

FarmerTan

LOL! .....NOW I see the humour/humor!

I guess the fire should be a motivation to pray for myself...
Thank you @Bglayer for helping me to crack myself up! I'm still giggly over here, getting strange looks from the lovely War Department! So werth it my friend.

I may need to buy some "Depends" if this keeps up.

Our put vinyl on my Lazyarseboy!

Top Bottom