What's new

Another Lemon from Simpson/Vulfix

oh crap
just got my Berkeley last night. ill admit i did a few test lathers (4-5) and it did kinda scare me at the hairs it lost (around 10). ill have my first shave with it today.
It should quit. My Berkeley lost a few the first week, too. That happens moreso when the hair is densely packed--some seem to miss the binder. Hopefully you will enjoy the Berkeley; when made in the 43-47mm zone I have found them an excellent brush.

Pre-Vulfix brushes were still made in Somerset - in a town called Ilminster. David Carter didn't produce at our Mill (Nimmer Mill), but in a small unit on a 'small business estate' on the outskirts of Ilminster. So they are still Somerset brushes just not Nimmer Mill brushes. (For the record)

Gary

Thanks for the correction, Gary. That's a useful distinction.

Gotta say it. That sounds like a result in anyone's book?

The fact that you mailed or called them in the last 24 hours (?) and received a positive reply or communication within that period (?), I'm assuming from the General Manager (?), says it all about the company. That's classy customer service despite all the initial problems I'd say (?).

The fact remains that there ARE problems with their manufacturing QC procedure and this could haunt & harm them if it's not dealt with pronto.

I do like the way there is someone at the end of the telephone or email though to back things up. That's re-assuring. They don't appear to be running or hiding.

Well, an update as to the OP.

The vendor has offered to take the brush back and refund me in full. I have accepted.

Mark from Simpsons offered to replace the brush and seems genuinely concerned about these issues. I certainly wish him success in resolving them.

It should quit. My Berkeley lost a few the first week, too. That happens moreso when the hair is densely packed--some seem to miss the binder. Hopefully you will enjoy the Berkeley; when made in the 43-47mm zone I have found them an excellent brush.

mine is 45mm dead to the spec @ WCS.

Top Bottom