What's new

Another Kudos to Dirty Bird

I say "another" because Julie's received lots of praise from others on the board already, which lead me to the decision I made to purchase a 1.5 scuttle from her. Being relatively new to the world shaving soaps, my first demise was that the lather I was applying to my face was cool...not even warm. I adjusted by dipping a bit of the brush in hot water before face lathering, which is what I did with brush applied creams...but it just wasn't what I was looking for. I knew that a scuttle would fix the situation, and after obsessively reading post after post about the different options for several days, I pulled the trigger on a Blue DB 1.5 knowing I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks to see it. That was a week ago last Tuesday. And what arrived in the mail less than two weeks later...but my new scuttle, which was waiting by my mailbox this morning. I can't wait for tomorrow morning to use it... :001_smile

Sweet! I'm looking forward to a DB myself in the next month or so... I'd be whipping up a batch of lather today. No need to wait till you can shave. Soap is cheap enough! :w00t:

Come on Walt where are the pictures?
You put pictures up and I will put pics up of mine.:thumbup1:
Deal?

I told you they were beautiful!:001_tt2:

Oh foowee I'll put pics up any ways.:lol:

Come on Walt where are the pictures?
You put pictures up and I will put pics up of mine.:thumbup1:
Deal?

I told you they were beautiful!:001_tt2:

Oh foowee I'll put pics up any ways.:lol:

LOL...see what you and Darrel started? Thanks for everything so far brother. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and work on adding them. I wish I took a pic of the hole in the top of my head that I gave myself the first time I used a Feather in the FB. Damn those things are sharp! :scared: :blush: :lol:

Just got mine today too. Ours look identical (same size, brown based glazing) but mine does not have the vertical grooves. I did not specifically request them, and I'm thinking now I maybe should have. I can't wait to christen my scuttle tomorrow morning as well.

Used the scuttle for the first time. Had warm lather the whole time (I shave my entire head), and was producing lather with MWF that was as thick as any cream I've ever used. I've always face lathered. I can't wait till I actually know how to create lather in the scuttle properly... :lol:

Top Bottom