What's new

Another icon passes RIP 007

I'm both shaken and stirred.
I've admired him for as long as I can remember. He was a truly great actor, one of few.
He was so much more than James Bond. The Hill and The Name of The Rose just to mention two.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
He was one of the best. Not just Bond but his other movies were excellent.
RIP Sir Sean Connery.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
One of Connery's brilliant but lesser known films. The Molly Maguires, 1970. Jack Kehoe (Connery) awaits execution for murder & destruction of property in coal mines in the Lehigh Valley just after the Civil War. Jamie McPartlin (Richard Harris) was a Pinkerton spy who infiltrated Kehoe's organization & secured his conviction. Here, he visits Kehoe in prison. Based on a true story.

Rest in peace!
Daniel Drevot. More than any other role, I loved Connery in this film. And I will always be mystified over how the Python gang got him to appear in the ludicrously funny Time Bandits.

Rest easy, Sir Sean . . . here endeth the lesson.

Daniel Drevot. More than any other role, I loved Connery in this film. And I will always be mystified over how the Python gang got him to appear in the ludicrously funny Time Bandits.

Rest easy, Sir Sean . . . here endeth the lesson.

Terry Gilliam Turns Back ‘Time Bandits’
Despite a dip in Connery’s career at the time, Gilliam never expected to actually land the mega-star as King Agamemnon. He chuckles, “The script actually read, ‘When the great warrior removes his helmet, he reveals himself to be none other than Sean Connery — or an actor of equal-but-cheaper stature.’ And Mike and I put that in as a joke. And our manager, a less-than-humorous person, took it seriously and got Connery.” O’Brien was playing golf with the former James Bond and took that opportunity to hit him up to try the role. “I think Sean liked what Python was doing, and I think it was a chance for him to play a father figure, which, maybe in real life, he hadn’t been as present a father as he would have liked,” surmises Gilliam, confirming that Connery did indeed see that “great warrior” line in the script: “I think he must have found that incredibly funny. That’s the thing about Sean — he’s got a wonderful sense of humor.”

-jim

RIP Sean Connery , the best 007 and one of my favorite actors of all time.

I watched Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball yesterday in his honor. You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever are on deck for later this week.

Tonight we will watch The Man Who Would Be King and Robin and Marian

Top Bottom