What's new

Another has tentatively joined our ranks.

A few days ago I saw on facebook where an old friend of my older brother was shaving off his winter beard. He stated that he decided to go "old school" and is loving it so far. I couldn't identify any item from his photo except that the soap had viking revolution on it. It's probably safe to assume he just ordered some stuff off of Amazon. I immediately suggested he visit the Pasteur's website to look at Stirling, Captain's Choice, and PdP for some good options. A little while ago I dropped off some Nacets, Astra SS, and Astra SP for him to try along side the no name blades that came with the razor. It's time to sit back and see if it takes.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
A few days ago I saw on facebook where an old friend of my older brother was shaving off his winter beard. He stated that he decided to go "old school" and is loving it so far. I couldn't identify any item from his photo except that the soap had viking revolution on it. It's probably safe to assume he just ordered some stuff off of Amazon. I immediately suggested he visit the Pasteur's website to look at Stirling, Captain's Choice, and PdP for some good options. A little while ago I dropped off some Nacets, Astra SS, and Astra SP for him to try along side the no name blades that came with the razor. It's time to sit back and see if it takes.

If he doesn't buy garbage, trust me, it will take. Bring him here to B&B, and I will insure that it takes, as I walk him straight to the rabbit hole.

Send him to my newbie PIF (or just enter for him)!
That's a nice idea, but he already has a kit and I don't want to risk weirding him out.

He messaged me back saying that his first face shave went well, but his head shave didn't. It could be the angle, the cheap blades, the lather, or the razor. Although I don't head shave I suggested the SLOC/Yaqi Melon.

Anyone recognize this razor?

279563344_10159919531268180_1843566388803779079_n.jpg

Great to have a ‘guru’ to help him find quality options!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

That's a nice idea, but he already has a kit and I don't want to risk weirding him out.

He messaged me back saying that his first face shave went well, but his head shave didn't. It could be the angle, the cheap blades, the lather, or the razor. Although I don't head shave I suggested the SLOC/Yaqi Melon.
As a fairly new DE head shaver, I can attest to the difficulties, but I'm getting fairly good results. Angle is everything with the head. I'm also finding I need to lather in sections or it dries by the time I get to the far side of my head. And short strokes. I can shave my head in seconds with a cartridge with no issues but with a DE razor, it takes a bit longer.

I don't shave my head (yet) but there's a product called Head Slick that was designed for head shaving. I use it for my face; it is quite slick and I like the menthol feel.

Anyone recognize this razor?

View attachment 1450676
I say Parker. Not 100% on that but that's my educated guess.

Top Bottom