What's new

Another great shave with Stone Cottage Cream

Today Stone Cottage's Almond Flower was up to bat in my rotation. I cannot believe the quality of the lather for such a great price point! Thick, slick, and great face feel. If you haven't tried SC creams, you are missing out. Dave has samples of all of his 15 creams. Get some. You can choose 5 scents and get 5-6 shaves per sample.
Here's my top 5:
1. Almond Flower
2. Veviter & Vanilla
3. Hesperide
4. Cedre Noir
5. Coconut & Sandalwood

YMMV on the scents, but the creams all perform in the same awesome manner.
Mikey

Today Stone Cottage's Almond Flower was up to bat in my rotation. I cannot believe the quality of the lather for such a great price point! Thick, slick, and great face feel. If you haven't tried SC creams, you are missing out. Dave has samples of all of his 15 creams. Get some. You can choose 5 scents and get 5-6 shaves per sample.
Here's my top 5:
1. Almond Flower
2. Veviter & Vanilla
3. Hesperide
4. Cedre Noir
5. Coconut & Sandalwood

Mikey
Add leather & Smoke to my list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mikey

Rats.! Now I have another Cream to try....!! I don't care about scent, only performance. It must have good cushion & good slickness. If it has these two criteria it can smell like stinkweed for all I care. Thanks for the nice review..!

I can also confirm. The new Almond & Flower has more Almond scent than the old. Both great though. Since I already have a tub of the "older" Almond Flowed. I'll use that up before getting a refill tub.
When I was in NJ I visited Dave @ Stoned Cottage and picked up three tubs:
Hespderide, Veviter & Vanilla, and Cedre Noire.
On my future purchase list is now SC - Leather & Smoke. This ones another winner for Dave.
Mikey

I can also confirm. The new Almond & Flower has more Almond scent than the old. Both great though. Since I already have a tub of the "older" Almond Flowed. I'll use that up before getting a refill tub.
When I was in NJ I visited Dave @ Stoned Cottage and picked up three tubs:
Hespderide, Veviter & Vanilla, and Cedre Noire.
On my future purchase list is now SC - Leather & Smoke. This ones another winner for Dave.
Mikey
I really like Vetiver and vanilla now. Guess I need to sample up again to see how they are. I like it that you can order 3 oz containers.

So, I bought a sample pack of creams and they were quite soft. I chose a fragrance I liked and I ordered a jar of cream. What came was quite hard and very much unlike the sample. When I take a dollop and place it in my bowl, it is so hard that it doesn't dissolve. It acts more like a soap than a cream. For those of you that use this stuff, is this normal or do I just have a bad batch?

Thanks - Brian

Here's my top 5:
1. Almond Flower
2. Veviter & Vanilla
3. Hesperide
4. Cedre Noir
5. Coconut & Sandalwood

Mikey

Almost the same as my 5 samples that I just ordered, only Bay Lime instead of Cedre Noir, cant wait till I got them, looks like I chose the correct scents.

It was close between Cedre Noire and Bay Lime. Since I use the Captain's Bay Rum and CF Lime, that swayed my choice.
I bought a tub of the Almond Flower before Dave upped the scent strength, but I still love it. The newer Almond Flower has little more Almond in the scent and it's a really great cream. I'll re-buy when my AF is used up.

When I was in NJ last week my wife & I went up to the SC shop, met Dave, then I proceeded to buy a tub of each:
Hesperide, Veviter & Vanilla, and Cedre Noire. That's 4 of my top 5.
Dave threw in a sample of the new Almond Flower and his latest scent Leather & Smoke.
Since I have 4 of SC creams (among others), I'll wait a bit, but my next SC purchase will be the Leather & Smoke which is now my #5. Awesome scent, very unique. Same excellent lather/performance.
When you order more samples, and you will, include the Leather & Smoke as one of them.

Mikey

I was looking at the leather and smoke. I'm trying to get through with a bunch of stuff so I can order more samples to try. Leather and smoke is on the list.

The Leather & Smoke scent is just spot on. I've had a few shaves with it and it is just fantastic. Only thing it needs is an A/S Splash from Stone Cottage to pair it with. I've used English Leather A/S & Chiseled Face Sherlock A/S as well and both pair with it well. The Leather & Smoke has the top spot, followed closely by Suede de Kashmir, Coconut Sandalwood and Musk. Scent strength is great across the board.

The Leather & Smoke scent is just spot on. I've had a few shaves with it and it is just fantastic. Only thing it needs is an A/S Splash from Stone Cottage to pair it with. I've used English Leather A/S & Chiseled Face Sherlock A/S as well and both pair with it well. The Leather & Smoke has the top spot, followed closely by Suede de Kashmir, Coconut Sandalwood and Musk. Scent strength is great across the board.
+1 on the Leather & Smoke. I already have 4 tubs (bought 3 last week when we were in NJ):
Almond Flower (1st purchase,old formula),
Hepseride, Veviter&Vanilla, and Cedre Noire. (Bought these 3 in NJ)
Leather & Smoke will be my next purchas, but I need to wait awhile.
I also am looking at English Leather and have also just purchased Stetson Original.
Mikey

First shave using Stone Cottage cream today--a sample of Cedre Noir. Great stuff: substantial, not airy, slick, lasted long on the face, luxurious!

What a day, my samples arrives today, along with other stuff, a Flare tip SS and a Fatboy. Plus an email from Glyder that I won their 50 Father's day giveaway gift packs:shaving:

Initial scents, Coconut Sandalwood is amazing, will try it soon.

What a day, my samples arrives today, along with other stuff, a Flare tip SS and a Fatboy. Plus an email from Glyder that I won their 50 Father's day giveaway gift packs:shaving:

Initial scents, Coconut Sandalwood is amazing, will try it soon.

Grats on winning gift pack!

Top Bottom