What's new

Another English Tech .

I found another one like it but it got lost in the post.......:angry:
I should add I like English Techs and News and collect them when I find a different one......
this looks like another 40's Tech but it is slightly different ?

Attachments

• $IMG_1440.jpg
    $IMG_1440.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 112
  • $IMG_1442.jpg
    $IMG_1442.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 112
  • $IMG_1444.jpg
    $IMG_1444.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
It's the so called Gillette English Tech 'hybrid'. They are rarer than rocking horse tur%s.

Pay no attention to successive posts and accept my overly generous offer of $20 to help rid you of this 'bastardized' razor!!

:lol: :thumbup:

It's the so called Gillette English Tech 'hybrid'. They are rarer than rocking horse tur%s.

Pay no attention to successive posts and accept my overly generous offer of $20 to help rid you of this 'bastardized' razor!!

:lol: :thumbup:

No ... the NEW/Tech Hybrid is a different razor. These with the long slot aren't very common, but they're not the same as the Hybrid.

proxy.php

Thanks for the correction. Are these then indeed rarer than the 'hybrid'? :001_huh:

I don't know if they're rare. I don't see them too often that's for sure. I always prefer using the word ''uncommon''. Some will say it's the same thing, to me it isn't. To me rare is a cased Nickel Toggle, a 1-5 Bottom Dial, a serial Toggle, ultra rare is an Aristocrat NEW Deluxe.

These are just uncommon, IMO.

Ironically, I shaved today with an English 'flat bottom' Tech. They are an outstanding razor, as are all Techs IMO.

I don't know if they're rare. I don't see them too often that's for sure. I always prefer using the word ''uncommon''. Some will say it's the same thing, to me it isn't. To me rare is a cased Nickel Toggle, a 1-5 Bottom Dial, a serial Toggle, ultra rare is an Aristocrat NEW Deluxe.

These are just uncommon, IMO.

I am with you on this one, the Long Slot Tech is harder to find but not rare. I also have a Hybrid Tech and a few others in my stash. I have a soft spot for these and the English "New" range they are very under rated razors and I hope they stay that way so the prices will stay low......:)

I am with you on this one, the Long Slot Tech is harder to find but not rare. I also have a Hybrid Tech and a few others in my stash. I have a soft spot for these and the English "New" range they are very under rated razors and I hope they stay that way so the prices will stay low......:)

Oh ... but the prices of the NEWs are not that low anymore ... Blame it on Chris, Doc, Jeff, etc ... etc ... :laugh:

I love English NEWs too. :thumbsup:

Great find! I am looking for a nice English Tech myself. I have a 1970's era English ball end tech, but I gater that the older ones are the ones that shave better. The one I have is good but indistinguishable from a US made Tech to me.

Top Bottom