What's new

Another couple of hours put to good use.

Before

$IMG_7825.jpg

$IMG_7826.jpg

After

$IMG_7842.jpg

$IMG_7843.jpg

$IMG_7844.jpg

I think it come up OK. Scales are a set of W&B Specials I had lying around. I painted some gold into them to make the wording stand out better. I'm happy that I was able to keep the wording etched into the blade and to save another antique blade from the rubbish bin.

Beautiful work sir! I think that anyone would be proud to own that razor. I am sure you will enjoy the fruit of your labors for years to come. Thanks for sharing!

nrv216

I love seeing the metal work some gents perform on this site. I can play with horn, wood, etc, but the steel-thats not for me.

Nice work! Well spent time, indeed! How do you get your microfasteners to stay tight on that? Or do you plan to pin it eventually? The few times I've tried to use a micro on a hinge, it kept coming loose on me, even with superglue on the threads...

Nice work! Well spent time, indeed! How do you get your microfasteners to stay tight on that? Or do you plan to pin it eventually? The few times I've tried to use a micro on a hinge, it kept coming loose on me, even with superglue on the threads...
That's easy, when I cut the end off the bolt, I leave it a fraction long and then pein the end of bolt so the nut cannot loosen.

Lovely job, I like the fact that the blade shines yet still shows it's experience (read age) in the slight pitting.
Wish I had some scales like that lying around!

Top Bottom