What's new

Another convert from cartridge razors

I was just at Costco waiting to get my shingles shot when I noticed an elderly gentleman in an electric cart looking at the cartridge blade refills. They were $42 for 36 Gillette triple blad cartridges. I could see him look at the package and then put it back shaking his head from side to side. I asked him if I could help him and he said that for $42, they ought to include the razor. He said he didn’t like Harry’s, but he didn’t have a razor that these cartridges would fit.

Since he was clearly in his 80’s, I asked him why he wasn’t using a double edge safety razor. He looked at me and said, “You mean like I used in Korea?“ at which point I thanked him for serving and confirmed that was what I was talking about. I told him that for $42 I could by over 200 blades. So why did you quit the DE blades? He didn’t know. He asked where you get a razor and DE blades and I told him on Amazon. He thanked me and took off headed for the exit.

He either thought I was wacky, or he was making a B-line to order a razor and blades.

I’m not sure I did him any favor. What I should have done, now that I think about it is gotten his address and sent him a razor and a sampler pack.

I mentioned DE razors to my dad a couple of years ago, as I remember him shaving daily with one when I a kid. There was no way I could get him to even consider going back to it. You definitely did the gentleman a favor even if he simply considered going back to a cheaper, and in my opinion a better, way of shaving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom