What's new

Another cake thread

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I do that more than I like to admit anymore. Sometimes by accident.

The other day, I drifted off in the recliner with one in my mouth (holidays with visiting relatives can do that). Amazingly, it was still in my mouth when I woke up a while later. I think my sleeping rhythm kept it going longer than I thought.

The more basic blends don't seem to mind taking a little nap under an ashen blanket.

As most of my blends are Virginia led, the next day's smoke takes fine once the relights has properly taken hold. Particularly if the blend has a bit of topping/casing of some description. Blends with Latakia in, don't tend to overnight as well.

As I smoke in instalments, more often than I consume a whole bowl in one sitting, it's perfectly normal for me to reach for yesterday's pipe, to see if there's anything left, or if it's just airing out before being put away.

Leaving a pipe out overnight can be wonderful, increasing one’s pleasure of taste. Dgt (delayed gratification technique). I often have 3 bowls going at once to taste differences between like blends or all the same tobacco and comparing how different pipes affect the flavor. Yeah, I often have a bit too much time on my hands, or….I am just an expert multi-tasker?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I frequently leave a half smoked bowl and come back to it hours and sometimes days later. Usually happens when I’m working outside or in the garage and set the pipe down because I’m bending over, working under something, or need both my hands for a while. Then something comes up, usually with my kids, and into the (No smoking allowed) house I go. The only blends I have issues with are goopy aromatics (I’m looking at you 1Q) but I think it’s more to the moisture building up and settling/sitting in the bowl and stem that makes them taste funky upon relight. I usually just dump the aromatics.

I found that out by accident. But since I figured it out, I'll do it quite often. It really improves some blends. Recently Mrs. Rookie didn't believe me that it was Field and Stream Match after sitting overnight.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I do that more than I like to admit anymore. Sometimes by accident.

The other day, I drifted off in the recliner with one in my mouth (holidays with visiting relatives can do that). Amazingly, it was still in my mouth when I woke up a while later. I think my sleeping rhythm kept it going longer than I thought.

The more basic blends don't seem to mind taking a little nap under an ashen blanket.

That must have been quite the sight seeing a sleeping man smoking a pipe.

Top Bottom