What's new

Another BST question

Hi, mods. I listed two brushes on BST this past April. I must have asked too much, b/c neither one sold. I want to list them again at lower prices. Can I use the same photos with the April date? Or do I have to take new photos? Of course, they're the same brushes in exactly the same condition.

THX

I'm not a Mod and don't want to be but...

The rules state name and date so I bet ya 100 bucks you got to take new pics with the proper date. This is to show you do still have said equipment that you are trying to sell. Kinda like when a kidnapper takes a photo of a hostage holding the day's papers. Proof! :lol:
And no photoshopping of the date either. That's against the rules too.
I think. LOL.

Thanks for your thoughts, Haz Mat Shaver. FYI, I’ll be asking just $110 for both of the brushes for sale. Not much of a ransom. So I’m hoping the mods will save me some time and let me get away with this one. If not…

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hi, mods. I listed two brushes on BST this past April. I must have asked too much, b/c neither one sold. I want to list them again at lower prices. Can I use the same photos with the April date? Or do I have to take new photos? Of course, they're the same brushes in exactly the same condition.

THX
@HazMat Shaver is exactly right. The purpose of the date is so that some devious mastermind can't grab a photo from a previous sale and scam some unfortunate victim.
It's not that you personally are not trusted, but it's the old "you let him do it, why can't I" routine.
The BST is the single biggest drag on Team time on the forum.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@HazMat Shaver is exactly right. The purpose of the date is so that some devious mastermind can't grab a photo from a previous sale and scam some unfortunate victim.
It's not that you personally are not trusted, but it's the old "you let him do it, why can't I" routine.
You type faster than I do. ;)

Understood. THX for the reply and the reasonable explanation.

As a humble member and newbie I would like to express my thanks to you all (moderators) for what you do. I have bought several items from other B&B members on the BST and all purchases were 100% successful with 100% satisfaction. The BST works as well as it does because of the safeguards and moderator oversight. So: Thank you!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As a humble member and newbie I would like to express my thanks to you all (moderators) for what you do. I have bought several items from other B&B members on the BST and all purchases were 100% successful with 100% satisfaction. The BST works as well as it does because of the safeguards and moderator oversight. So: Thank you!
It's the members that make the place great, we just try to help - and it's a labor of love for B&B

Top Bottom