What's new

Another Blackland Vector thread

Bought it on the basis of the reviews I had read everywhere. 1 shave in (today) and am in awe of the razor.

It just fits for me in all ways.

Size.
Looks.
Weight.
Operation.
Shave quality.

I really don't know what it was about it. It was so intuitive. And I think that is the thing that struck me the most after my first shave. Picked it up and shaved without thinking or any worry about getting cut. It was very efficient and comfortable. Definitely not the closest shave I have ever had (ATT SE1) but I think in time the Vector will get close. I just went WTG and 2 x XTG today since it was my first try with the razor. Will go ATG sometime in the next few shaves and see how it goes.

What really struck me about it is just how naturally I took to it and started shaving without worrying about blade angle, etc. I love my ATT SE1 because I do prefer slightly heavier razors but I need to pay attention while shaving with the SE1. Feel like a lapse in attention can lead to disaster. Just never felt that way with the Vector.

If there was one complaint I was to make about it though is just how unintuitive it was for me to put the blade in. I think the small size on top definitely made it a little harder for me to put the blade in and then screw on the handle. But that is something I will have to worry about only when I change the blade out so a very small con.

It's guys like you who are dangerous to my wallet. :lol:

Great review!

O.H.
Only here to help .. ha ha.

Seriously though. I have bought 3 razors, 4 shaving creams and enough blades to last a few years in the last month and a half. LOL. I got a new job with a decent raise and this is what I am splurging on .. ha ha.

It's cool seeing all the Vector love. It can't even be pried from my grasp. DE format is such a giant "whatever" from me these days, LOL. I use it with a ti handle that I bought specifically for use with the Vector, but I love the look of the stock setup. Not a cheap setup, but such a joy to use.

proxy.php

I have a Vector in my shopping cart on the Blackland website. I was about to try the Oneblade Genesis before I discovered the Vector today.... I’m glad I did some research today and saw it! I cannot wait to get it. Just ordered some Kai and Feather blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Vector and it might not be the most efficient or smoothest, but is by far the most unique and fun to use razor I own. It has its own charm and is a joy to use.

It's cool seeing all the Vector love. It can't even be pried from my grasp. DE format is such a giant "whatever" from me these days, LOL. I use it with a ti handle that I bought specifically for use with the Vector, but I love the look of the stock setup. Not a cheap setup, but such a joy to use.

proxy.php

I was in the exact same boat, DE just didn’t do it for me anymore. I still shave with them, but I didn’t find any enjoyment or passion for the past year. I decided to jump to SE and am waiting on 3 new razors to get delivered this week. My wife would kill me if she knew... lol.

Only here to help .. ha ha.

Seriously though. I have bought 3 razors, 4 shaving creams and enough blades to last a few years in the last month and a half. LOL. I got a new job with a decent raise and this is what I am splurging on .. ha ha.

Yeah... I don’t need any extra influence LOL. I’ve ordered a Vector, General v2, Occam’s, a couple new handles, new brush, new bowl and some new creams in the past week. Hopefully they all get here before my wife is able to intercept any packages. [emoji1787]

Top Bottom