What's new

Another Am I Picky/What Should I Do Question.

Purchased a razor off Ebay on July 6th, NOS set with shipper. I probably overpaid a bit but don't care too much as it was a nice set. Before the seller shipped it he said one flap fell off the shipper as he was packaging it up. I explained to him I was extremely disappointed but still interested but should definitely get a partial refund as the damage affects the value and how much I would have been willing to pay for it. I told him I would leave it up to him on how much the refund for damage would be, he agreed and it was shipped the next day. Well I don't have the razor yet and it could be a week or so before it gets to me but I have yet to get any refund of any amount from the seller. What would you do in my shoes.

Purchased a razor off Ebay on July 6th, NOS set with shipper. I probably overpaid a bit but don't care too much as it was a nice set. Before the seller shipped it he said one flap fell off the shipper as he was packaging it up. I explained to him I was extremely disappointed but still interested but should definitely get a partial refund as the damage affects the value and how much I would have been willing to pay for it. I told him I would leave it up to him on how much the refund for damage would be, he agreed and it was shipped the next day. Well I don't have the razor yet and it could be a week or so before it gets to me but I have yet to get any refund of any amount from the seller. What would you do in my shoes.
I would attempt to make contact with the seller via private message and tell him what you just told us. If he is unwilling to cooperate, threaten with a poor review. As a last resort, settle the matter through EBay buyer protection.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
How good was the shipper? Really nice or just ok? For me, I would base my decision partly on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Unless the two of you agreed in advance what the partial refund would be and when this was going to happen, I think you should settle that with the seller first before asking us for advice on what to do.

Well if the photos and/or the description did not suggest this condition and the seller has declared this after the sale then you are receiving an item not as described. You may wish to see it with your own eyes to evaluate your next step. If the seller offers no refund by arrival then I would open a dialogue suggesting an amount after your own appraisal. If this does not lead to a mutually agreed on amount, you have grounds to return it for a full refund.

Rob I hate when things come off the rails like this. But you paid top dollar or at least extra for a nice set with an undamaged shipper. And that is not what the seller shipped.

Personally if I still wanted it I would propose the price to the seller. No agree? Then no keep

I am curious to know what the razor is.

How good was the shipper? Really nice or just ok? For me, I would base my decision partly on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Other than a vertical tear in the flap that the seller damaged in packing it up it was in excellent condition.
Well if the photos and/or the description did not suggest this condition and the seller has declared this after the sale then you are receiving an item not as described. You may wish to see it with your own eyes to evaluate your next step. If the seller offers no refund by arrival then I would open a dialogue suggesting an amount after your own appraisal. If this does not lead to a mutually agreed on amount, you have grounds to return it for a full refund.

Rob I hate when things come off the rails like this. But you paid top dollar or at least extra for a nice set with an undamaged shipper. And that is not what the seller shipped.
You are exactly right Tom. I will have to wait until I have it in my hands and go from there if he can't honour his agreement and provide some compensation for the damage then I will have to open a case with Ebay, I don't want to have to send it back but if I have to then I guess that's how it has to be.
Personally if I still wanted it I would propose the price to the seller. No agree? Then no keep

I am curious to know what the razor is.

I'll give you a hint as I don't want to mention the listing or seller until things get straightened out. This razor was never offered for sale in Canada and its name is 9 letters long.

Looks like you read my post also. Sounds like you are a collector, in my case I just want the best razor I could find for my son, but got a blemished one. I have pretty much decided to hold onto mine after acquiring another razor in very good condition. I’m going to interchange some parts and decide what to do with the rest of my less perfect razor later.

I’m glad your seller was honest up front, this didn’t appear to happen in my case. My issue is the rarity in finding my razor (Gibbs) in mint condition, especially since it is already starting to get rare in any condition. If it was a Tech or Super Speed, I would have not hesitated in sending it back.

Good luck

Looks like you read my post also. Sounds like you are a collector, in my case I just want the best razor I could find for my son, but got a blemished one. I have pretty much decided to hold onto mine after acquiring another razor in very good condition. I’m going to interchange some parts and decide what to do with the rest of my less perfect razor later.

I’m glad your seller was honest up front, this didn’t appear to happen in my case. My issue is the rarity in finding my razor (Gibbs) in mint condition, especially since it is already starting to get rare in any condition. If it was a Tech or Super Speed, I would have not hesitated in sending it back.

Good luck
Yes I did read your post and totally understand where your coming from.

I contacted the seller and I guess there was some miscommunication he was waiting on me and I was waiting on him to give a $$$ amount. Got it settled last night and both I and him were satisfied so all is good.

I contacted the seller and I guess there was some miscommunication he was waiting on me and I was waiting on him to give a $$$ amount. Got it settled last night and both I and him were satisfied so all is good.
Glad you guys got it worked out. I think most sellers on eBay are decent folks that will try to make things right if there's an issue.

I like these happy endings.
Congrats Rob for getting the train back on the rails!
And I want to see pretty pics when it arrives.

Glad you guys got it worked out. I think most sellers on eBay are decent folks that will try to make things right if there's an issue.
Your right, so far every seller I've had razor issues with have gone above and beyond to make it right.

Top Bottom