What's new

Annoying salesperson

If this were to happen to me, my reaction would of not of been so pleasant. I can't stand pushy sells people, it makes me sick.

If this were to happen to me, my reaction would of not of been so pleasant. I can't stand pushy sells people, it makes me sick.

You could use that to your advantage and vomit on the floor. Or maybe break out in hives? Whatever illness you're afflicted with, run with it! :wink:

This approach works for me. Pull out wallet, remove tattered piece of paper and read: "Me am so, so, so, veddy, veddy, veddy, soddy (pause for effect) but no Englais."
Use a non discernible accent, smile and look at floor the whole while.

A keeper for sure. I'm generally considered a pretty normal individual, but I have a REAL pet peeve when it comes to clueless/irritating sales or service people.

Having many food allergies I often require further information about a product. For example if I'm planning to go out for dinner with my SO I will normally call in advance to check that there will be something I can eat. My usual first sentence is: which kind of oil do you use, do you use it on all your food, and if it is vegetable oil, from which vegetable? This generally leads to the response: vegetable oil. At which point it is necessary to explain that on a packet there is a list of things called ingredients, and that they'll have to look there!

Oddly enough after this happens every second time I speak with a restaraunt I got fed up! Especially as people become hostile very quickly when you tell them exactly what they have to do!

I have now come to the conclusion that irritating sales/service people should be shot, first in the knee caps, then in the eye.

At which point it is necessary to explain that on a packet there is a list of things called ingredients, and that they'll have to look there!

Oddly enough after this happens every second time I speak with a restaraunt I got fed up! Especially as people become hostile very quickly when you tell them exactly what they have to do!

It's not surprising that people become hostile when addressed in an insulting and condescending way. There are much more polite and pleasant ways to get the information you require. I'll leave it at that.

Having many food allergies I often require further information about a product. For example if I'm planning to go out for dinner with my SO I will normally call in advance to check that there will be something I can eat. My usual first sentence is: which kind of oil do you use, do you use it on all your food, and if it is vegetable oil, from which vegetable? This generally leads to the response: vegetable oil. At which point it is necessary to explain that on a packet there is a list of things called ingredients, and that they'll have to look there!

From my own experience in the food industry, I can tell you that the person on the phone is never knowledgeable about the ingredients that make up the menu. Even the cooks wouldn't know right off what ingredients are in the processed food products that they use, such as the oil. They just know that it is part of the menu item that they are creating. It would take them some time and effort to check out the labels on all of it. I have been on the receiving end of such questions many times. It helps a lot if they know what specific foods you need to avoid and then they can more quickly help you out.

You could use that to your advantage and vomit on the floor. Or maybe break out in hives? Whatever illness you're afflicted with, run with it! :wink:

Lol well if they made me sick enough I certainly would. Let them see the fruits of there labor.

Top Bottom