What's new

Annoying mail order experience.

Last week I ran into a very annoying experience after placing an order online. Maybe this will be of interest to someone. I liked the performance of the Schick Slim Twin cartridges that I have, so I decided to order some more. It looked like the best price on Ebay was at the USRazor store, but I noticed that the price was even a little lower on their own website, so I went ahead and placed an order of a bit less than $10 there. I immediately got a tracking number and within two days my package arrived. After I opened it, I was disappointed to see that a completely different product was sent. I got two Atra type razor handles and only four cartridges of another brand (Laser Stroke). I did not need another Atra handle and my order was for 10 cartridges, not 4. So, the mistake gave me two handles I did not need or want plus 4 cartridges of a brand I did not want. I immediately phoned the number on the package to let them know. The person at the number told me that I'd have to refuse the package and have it sent back to USRazor before they could correct the error and send me the Schick Slim Twin I actually ordered. However, I checked with the Post Office rules and they do not allow you to refuse packages that have been opened. I had to open the package because I thought it contained my correct order. When I phoned and texted back and told them that I cannot refuse an opened package, they said I should just spend the $3.25 to mail it back. This made me very unhappy since it was their error and many companies send a new address label in cases like that. But, USRazor refused to send me a new label. I tried to call back and explain that this was unfair but the person on the phone got angry at me for making a "fuss" about a mere $10 order. I felt that it was the principle of the thing. I also said that I should notify Paypal and the man on the line told me to do so and hung up.

I told my story to Paypal and they immediately issued me a credit to cover the amount I paid. So, my small loss was covered. But, this left a very bad impression of the company. How is it that they can send the wrong product and expect the customer to cover the cost of returning it? That seems like a terrible business practice to me which prompted me to summarize what happened even though my loss was covered by another party.

I'm glad PayPal stood behind you. I would definitely leave negative feedback on eBay for this seller. That kind of customer service is unacceptable.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've bought from them in the past with no issue, but agree with your experience. This is no way to conduct business. I think I would have countered their "fuss" comment with "and you're making a lot of fuss for $3.25 in postage, when the mistake was yours".

Top Bottom