What's new

Announcing: The First Shaving Cream Pass Around for European and UK members.

Ok so just had my first shave with the creams!!
First up was the Russian Viking, this is one of the two creams I was most looking forward to trying.
Squeezed out a thumb nail sized amount. Found it to be quite thirsty and the more water I added the more lather I got, I soon realised that I had enough lather to last several shaves. Beautiful snowy white peaks with a slight menthol smell. Lathered up my face and found it to be slightly cooling, first pass WTG lots of cushion and not over slick for the glide, ploughed through 2 days growth no problem, wet face and lathered again. Still plenty of peaks and no lather deterioration. 2nd pass XTG, again nice cushion and just the right amount of slickness, no burn or irritation and a DFS at this stage. I could of left it here and been happy enough but wet face once more and lathered up a third time. The lather remained in top form throughout so very good staying power. 3rd Pass ATG, again the cushioning and slickness were awesome and now I had a perfect BBS, no burn, no nicks and no touch up required which is unusual for me. My face felt soft and moisturised after and the snakebite AS gave minimal burn but super cooling effect. All in All possibly the best shave I have had. I can't imagine the other creams coming close to this and will definitely be in my rotation from now on. Only ever experienced two other creams that have come close to giving me this smooth a shave and both are more expensive than this. Thank you Mark for introducing me to this wonderful cream 10/10 [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Ok so just had my first shave with the creams!!
First up was the Russian Viking,

[snip]

Only ever experienced two other creams that have come close to giving me this smooth a shave and both are more expensive than this. Thank you Mark for introducing me to this wonderful cream 10/10 [emoji1303][emoji1303]

It's a brilliant cream and very cheap and yet as you noted it performs at least as well as some much more expensive products. I mailed the guy I buy it from and he quoted me a price of US$ 1.50 USD | Stg£1.19 | €1.41 per tube. Postage is extra and is always a bit expensive as he only sends with a tracking number but as I've remarked in an earlier comment if you buy several tubes at a time the unit costs go down considerably.

The Russian Viking conquers all!

That is an excellent price for a tube Mark, it seems quite difficult to find online (in my limited searches thus far)

I would also like to get hold of some of the Russian Viking cream and would appreciate any suggestions on how to do so at a reasonable cost. Perhaps somebody could buy a few tubes, then others could chip in for a tube or two?

That's great. Thanks a lot for pointing us in the right direction.

I suppose it's now about which other UK members want to give this excellent Russian Viking cream a try. Any that do, put your names down here so we have an idea on the number of tubes involved, and hence can get a "quote" from the dealer.

I suppose it might be worth starting another thread on this, for those not following this one. Any thoughts on that?

The shave with the Viking was so close I do not have enough growth to warrant a shave tonight so will have one tomorrow at some point, going to go with the Kapo tomorrow. I will get involved in that Viking action though will be up for about 5 tubes here! Going to start my thread for a soap pass around on Monday so keep an eye out for that. Have a range of American and British soaps including that one of a kind one that was created for a competition and also a handmade artisan soap. Will be 4 soaps all together with the standard last person claiming ownership. Full details on Monday!

Well this is all very flattering but honestly it's not a big deal I just wish we could round up a few more participants: To practical matters, if buy from Russia have a tracking number and you want to track your package Aleksandr sent me a liink a few months back to the Russian post office English language page where you can do just that:

Russian Post English Language Tracking Service

Just paste your number in and await the results. If you're waiting more than a minute or so for the little spinner just refresh the page as sometimes it seems to get stuck. These are the results for an order I placed yesterday:

$Screen Shot Russia Track Trace.jpg

The only other practical matter is to check how much (in monetary terms) you can import before you become eligible for import duties. I don't know what the British Customs and Excise are like but the sadistic brutes who work for Her Danish Majesty are horribly efficent and anything over Dkr100 (£10 close enough) is eligible for import duty. It's a numbers game in that any C&E can only stop and examine a smallish number of packets but over the years I've been charged import duty + handling fee* a good number of times and suddenly that batch of creams from Russia or Feather razor blades from Thailand that was so very cheap is no longer quite so cheap. Not a huge problem and Russia and Thailand are after all outside the EU so fair enough but something to be aware of all the same.

*See what I mean about how sadistic they are? The Danish C&E first charge you the import duty and then they and the Post Office gang up and charge a handling fee on top of that.:cursing:

Last edited:
I suppose it might be worth starting another thread on this, for those not following this one. Any thoughts on that?

I think that might be a good idea and perhaps do a link to it here and on the brotherhood page? - I think it'd be a good idea to ask him to quote for postage as well so you know the full costs before placing your order

The shave with the Viking was so close I do not have enough growth to warrant a shave tonight so will have one tomorrow at some point, going to go with the Kapo tomorrow.

I think that it's the best cream I've ever used. Just superb results. I think you'll enjoy the KAPO too.

Going to start my thread for a soap pass around on Monday so keep an eye out for that. Have a range of American and British soaps including that one of a kind one that was created for a competition and also a handmade artisan soap.

Man come Monday my finger's going to be stuck to the refresh key.

Will be 4 soaps all together with the standard last person claiming ownership.

Well that explains the item on tonight's British Balrog Corporation news service about how middle aged men all over Europe and the British Isles have suddenly started humming the melody of "Santa Baby" in their bathrooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you feel @margor64peroez It's almost the same in Norway with import duties. Except that Norway isnt in the EU :sob:
Fortunately for us the lower limit for being eligible for import duty is 350 NOK (about 34 GBP)
If I were to import something costing 35 pounds it would quickly cost me twice as much after the government has had their share

I don't really mind paying the import duty because we do actually get pretty good value for our taxes but charging a handling fee on top of that just gets my goat.

The only other practical matter is to check how much (in monetary terms) you can import before you become eligible for import duties. I don't know what the British Customs and Excise are like but the sadistic brutes who work for Her Danish Majesty are horribly efficent and anything over Dkr100 (£10 close enough) is eligible for import duty.

That's a good point actually, I think it's only about £15 before VAT and import duty get added? We might be better off going separate after all. I always forget that Russia is Europe but not EU

Top Bottom