What's new

Announcing: The First Shaving Cream Pass Around for European and UK members.

[FONT=&amp] This is the first of a series of pass-arounds that I’m doing to get the ball rolling for the UK/European group. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Only Badger and Blade members resident in Continental Europe, the UK, or Ireland are eligible for this pass around[/FONT][FONT=&amp].[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Eligible Badger & Blade members have until Midnight Wednesday October 5[/FONT][SUP][FONT=&amp]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&amp] 2016 to join in. I’m sending out a mix of 7 European shaving creams for European and UK resident Badger and Blade members to try over the period of one week and then pass on to the next person in the list:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]2 from Italy, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]2 from Bulgaria, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]1 from Spain, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]1 from Germany,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]1 from Russia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Italians:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Atkinsons for Gentlemen Shaving Cream:[/FONT][FONT=&amp] People are often surprised to learn that this classic English palm & coconut oil based English Lavender scented cream is in fact made in Italy. It used to be made in England but the firm that made it sold it and the matching aftershave to the Italian company that now make it. I use this one a fair bit - pairing it with the matching aftershave. It provides a thick cushiony lather with a pleasant lavender smell.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mode d’emploi: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream: [/FONT][FONT=&amp] The famous brush makers also make soaps and creams. This cream is quite as good as their soft soap in a tub. Good glide and cushioning and leaves the skin feeling nicely refreshed. ome might find the Eucalyptus scent a bit strong at first but it doesn’t linger and you do rinse your face after you’ve shaved yes? I like to use it in conjunction with their aftershave balms.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mode d’emploi: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Bulgarians:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]KAPO: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The famous Bulgarian classic. It’s pronounced “KARO” and is one of the best shaving creams I’ve encountered in more than 4 decades of shaving. Great glide, good cushioning, and a little of it provides masses of fluffy white foam. It’s very very slightly mentholated with an inoffensive barbershop scent - I find it leaves my skin feeling pleasantly refreshed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] Viking Active: [/FONT][FONT=&amp] One of the Bulgarian Viking range - pleasant old-fashioned scent, again slightly cooling. Great foaming from very little cream, reasonably good hydration. Some of the people I’ve introduced to Bulgarian creams prefer it to KAPO which I think is weird and I’ve reported them to the Spanish Inquisition for a session on the comfy chair.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Spaniard:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This is the brushless version of the classic Spanish shaving cream. I got the one for sensitive skin as I was told it’s the best. I’ve used it once and got good results with it. But I wouldn’t buy it again as I prefer Lea Classic shaving cream, and the Lea shaving sticks. It’s a good brushless cream with good glide and leaves your skin feeling hydrated. I’m including it more for contrast and because it’s one of those products you’ll either love or you can’t see the point of its existence. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Squeeze some on to your fingers and spread it directly onto your dampened face. I bought two tubes and passed one around amongst friends here. The amount needed seems to vary quite a bit from person to person so start with a little and add as needed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The German:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Florilena Comfort Rasiercreme: [/FONT][FONT=&amp] A German classic. Florilena do a range of skincare products they’re all excellent and all very cheap. If you’re in Berlin (or really anywhere in Northern or Eastern Germany) you should be able to pick this up in the supermarkets. It’s an old-fashioned cream, nothing at all fancy, which produces a soft slightly gloopy lather with an inoffensive “barber shop” scent. Great cushioning and great glide. It leaves my skin feeling relaxed and moisturised.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Russian: [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Also called Viking - and in fact the Russian Viking range are the Russian versions of the Bulgarian creams. It’s high praise from me when I tell you that in my opinion the Russian Viking creams are better than the already superb Bulgarian ones. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Squeeze enough of it out to cover your thumbnail and either face or bowl lather vigorously with a damp but not soaking wet brush. That gives me enough for three passes with enough left over for touching up. I live in a very hard water area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What’s a pass-around? [/FONT][FONT=&amp]I’m using the definition given in the Badger and Blade sticky posting: What is a PIF? - A Guide for Newbies [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]PIF sometimes means “Pass It Forward”. This term has been used to describe special PIFs, where a member puts an item of theirs on loan for many members to pass it around and try out. They will build a list of around 10-20 participants. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The item will be sent to the first person on the list to try out for a week, then it will be sent to the next person, and so on. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]At the end, the item is usually returned to the original owner of the item, or they may choose to PIF (Pay It Forward) it to one of the members of the Pass. However, this activity is normally called a pass around or just a pass (e.g. a razor pass, brush pass, soap pass, etc).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Who can join in this pass around?[/FONT][FONT=&amp] - Any Badger and Blade member resident in Continental Europe, Ireland, or the UK who has joined the U.K. And EU Brotherhood started by Jonno7452. To keep it manageable I’m going to restrict this to the first twenty (20) people who put their name down. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Why am I restricting it to the first 20?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]20 weeks is quite a long time for the last person on the list to wait - nearly 5 months. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]How do you join in the pass around? [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Go to the U.K. And EU Brotherhood Thread and make a posting saying you’re eligible and interested. Send me a PM saying you’ve done so and sending me your postal address. Make sure that you type your address [/FONT][FONT=&amp] in block capitals exactly as it should appear on a letter or package. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]That’s it! - Sit back and wait for it to arrive. Once it arrives you have one week to use it. At the end of the week you [/FONT][FONT=&amp]must[/FONT][FONT=&amp] post it to the next person in the pass around.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What happens when the pass around closes on Wednesday October 5[/FONT][SUP][FONT=&amp]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&amp] 2016? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Some time on Thursday October 6[/FONT][SUP][FONT=&amp]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&amp] 2016 I will put all the addresses onto a list grouping them by country and then print that list out. To keep postal charges down the package will go to continental and Irish members first. Then to UK members - the last person on the list gets to keep whatever’s left - which should be a decent amount as a little of these creams goes a long way.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What do you have to do?[/FONT][FONT=&amp] You commit to passing on the package to the next person on the list. I will send out a list of recipients with the package. Just cross your name off the list and post the package to the next person on the list.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I’m doing this to get the ball rolling so please take a little time to write up your impressions of the various products on the UK/European Brtotherhood thread.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Will you be doing more pass arounds?[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Yes if this pass around goes well I’ll do a few more. The next one will consist of a selection of European shaving sticks. It won’t be as many products probably 4 or 5 sticks including at least La Toja, Speick, Lea, then probably De Vergulde Hand and maybe one other, I haven't made my mind up yet.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=&amp] This is the first of a series of pass-arounds that I’m doing to get the ball rolling for the UK/European group. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Only Badger and Blade members resident in Continental Europe, the UK, or Ireland are eligible for this pass around[/FONT][FONT=&amp].[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Eligible Badger & Blade members have until Midnight Wednesday September 5[/FONT][SUP][FONT=&amp]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&amp] 2016 to join in. I’m sending out a mix of 7 European shaving creams for European and UK resident Badger and Blade members to try over the period of one week and then pass on to the next person in the list:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]2 from Italy, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]2 from Bulgaria, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]1 from Spain, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]1 from Germany,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&amp]1 from Russia.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Italians:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Atkinsons for Gentlemen Shaving Cream:[/FONT][FONT=&amp] People are often surprised to learn that this classic English palm & coconut oil based English Lavender scented cream is in fact made in Italy. It used to be made in England but the firm that made it sold it and the matching aftershave to the Italian company that now make it. I use this one a fair bit - pairing it with the matching aftershave. It provides a thick cushiony lather with a pleasant lavender smell.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream: [/FONT][FONT=&amp] The famous brush makers also make soaps and creams. This cream is quite as good as their soft soap in a tub. Good glide and cushioning and leaves the skin feeling nicely refreshed. ome might find the Eucalyptus scent a bit strong at first but it doesn’t linger and you do rinse your face after you’ve shaved yes? I like to use it in conjunction with their aftershave balms.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Bulgarians:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]KAPO: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The famous Bulgarian classic. It’s pronounced “KARO” and is one of the best shaving creams I’ve encountered in more than 4 decades of shaving. Great glide, good cushioning, and a little of it provides masses of fluffy white foam. It’s very very slightly mentholated with an inoffensive barbershop scent - I find it leaves my skin feeling pleasantly refreshed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] Viking Active: [/FONT][FONT=&amp] One of the Bulgarian Viking range - pleasant old-fashioned scent, again slightly cooling. Great foaming from very little cream, reasonably good hydration. Some of the people I’ve introduced to Bulgarian creams prefer it to KAPO which I think is weird and I’ve reported them to the Spanish Inquisition for a session on the comfy chair.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Spaniard:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This is the brushless version of the classic Spanish shaving cream. I got the one for sensitive skin as I was told it’s the best. I’ve used it once and got good results with it. But I wouldn’t buy it again as I prefer Lea Classic shaving cream, and the Lea shaving sticks. It’s a good brushless cream with good glide and leaves your skin feeling hydrated. I’m including it more for contrast and because it’s one of those products you’ll either love or you can’t see the point of its existence. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mode d’emploi:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Squeeze some on to your fingers and spread it directly onto your dampened face. I bought two tubes and passed one around amongst friends here. The amount needed seems to vary quite a bit from person to person so start with a little and add as needed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The German:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Florilena Comfort Rasiercreme: [/FONT][FONT=&amp] A German classic. Florilena do a range of skincare products they’re all excellent and all very cheap. If you’re in Berlin (or really anywhere in Northern or Eastern Germany) you should be able to pick this up in the supermarkets. It’s an old-fashioned cream, nothing at all fancy, which produces a soft slightly gloopy lather with an inoffensive “barber shop” scent. Great cushioning and great glide. It leaves my skin feeling relaxed and moisturised.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Russian: [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Also called Viking - and in fact the Russian Viking range are the Russian versions of the Bulgarian creams. It’s high praise from me when I tell you that in my opinion the Russian Viking creams are better than the already superb Bulgarian ones. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What’s a pass-around? [/FONT][FONT=&amp]I’m using the definition given in the Badger and Blade sticky posting: What is a PIF? - A Guide for Newbies [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]PIF sometimes means “Pass It Forward”. This term has been used to describe special PIFs, where a member puts an item of theirs on loan for many members to pass it around and try out. They will build a list of around 10-20 participants. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The item will be sent to the first person on the list to try out for a week, then it will be sent to the next person, and so on. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]At the end, the item is usually returned to the original owner of the item, or they may choose to PIF (Pay It Forward) it to one of the members of the Pass. However, this activity is normally called a pass around or just a pass (e.g. a razor pass, brush pass, soap pass, etc).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Who can join in this pass around?[/FONT][FONT=&amp] - Any Badger and Blade member resident in Continental Europe, Ireland, or the UK who has joined the U.K. And EU Brotherhood started by Jonno7452. To keep it manageable I’m going to restrict this to the first twenty (20) people who put their name down. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Why am I restricting it to the first 20?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]20 weeks is quite a long time for the last person on the list to wait - nearly 5 months. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]How do you join in the pass around? [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Go to the U.K. And EU Brotherhood Thread and make a posting saying you’re eligible and interested. Send me a PM saying you’ve done so and sending me your postal address. Make sure that you type your address [/FONT][FONT=&amp] in block capitals exactly as it should appear on a letter or package. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]That’s it! - Sit back and wait for it to arrive. Once it arrives you have one week to use it. At the end of the week you [/FONT][FONT=&amp]must[/FONT][FONT=&amp] post it to the next person in the pass around.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What happens when the pass around closes on Wednesday September 5[/FONT][SUP][FONT=&amp]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&amp] 2016? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Some time on Thursday September 6[/FONT][SUP][FONT=&amp]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=&amp] 2016 I will put all the addresses onto a list grouping them by country and then print that list out. To keep postal charges down the package will go to continental and Irish members first. Then to UK members - the last person on the list gets to keep whatever’s left - which should be a decent amount as a little of these creams goes a long way.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What do you have to do?[/FONT][FONT=&amp] You commit to passing on the package to the next person on the list. I will send out a list of recipients with the package. Just cross your name off the list and post the package to the next person on the list.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I’m doing this to get the ball rolling so please take a little time to write up your impressions of the various products on the UK/European Brtotherhood thread.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Will you be doing more pass arounds?[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Yes if this pass around goes well I’ll do a few more. The next one will consist of a selection of European shaving sticks. It won’t be as many products probably 4 or 5 sticks including at least La Toja, Speick, Lea, then probably De Vergulde Hand and maybe one other, I haven't made my mind up yet.[/FONT]

I'm in and thanks for a great pass around! Ps did you mean September or October for the deadlines?
PPS I will be getting a British soap one up and running within the next month, let this one get well underway and then will start mine[emoji1303]

You include UK even after they voted Brexit? :lol:

Yes they're still members of the EU until two years after the Article 50 process is activated. Once they leave they're fair game for another Viking invasion when hordes of Danes Swedes and Norwegians will turn up drink all their beer, and then abscond back to the fjords with Boots' entire stock of shaving sticks.

I'm in! Thanks margor, I do love a shaving cream. Haven't come across any of these, looking forward to giving them a whirl :thumbup:
Remember to PM me your address :). This is the first - my next planned pass around is some shaving sticks followed by another pass around of some more creams from Europe (East and West) this time I'll be concentrating on creams from Poland and Russia. However that's not set in stone, if people want me to do the creams pass around first I'll be happy to oblige.

Last edited:
[MENTION=92008]margor64peroez[/MENTION]

I'm in.. I'll go the the Clubs Thread and say it there, too, and then PM with my address.

I do have one request.. since the last guy/girl in the queue gets all the leftovers.. make me last!! :lol:

Just a reminder that tonight is the last chance for members resident in Continental Europe, Ireland, or the UK to join in this pass around.

If you want to be included just do a posting saying you're in and PM me your postal address.

Top Bottom