What's new

Anniversary gift suggestions?

I will be taking my wife to a log cabin in the mountains of western Virginia, next weekend to a truely romantic setting. The leaves will be at their peak colors of the fall and we are planning on doing some winery tours at some of the many wineries in the Commonwealth.

The cabin itself is an old (built in the early 1900's) original 2 room log cabin with a kitchen, porch, huge woodburing fireplace and EXCELLENT views from the side of the mountain.

We are going as a 10 year anniversary get away with NO KIDS. Any one have any suggestions for a nice anniversary gift?

Art:
I gave my wife her favorite gift last year for Christmas. It's the gift that keeps on giving - a house keeper. She comes every other week and charges fifty dollars and my wife loves it. She works also so it's great for her to come home every other Friday to a clean, great smelling house.

I had a gift wrapped with the lady's card in it and a note addressed to my wife, which I had written, saying "See you Friday". A good Christmas was had by all!:001_tt1:

Good luck, those gifts are always tricky!!

Jerry

G'morning Art,
Ten years is quite a milestone for a married couple. Good for both of you! In the past I found the suggested wedding anniversary gifts in the back of a Hallmark Mmnicalendar. Haven't had one in years. So I looked to the web and found the follwing:

Chicago Public Library said:
Here is a list of traditional and modern gifts for wedding anniversaries compiled by librarians at the Chicago Public Library's Information Center.
The list of traditional gifts includes alternatives in parentheses.

Traditional Modern
1st Paper Clocks
2nd Cotton China
3rd Leather Crystal, Glass
4th Linen (Silk) Appliances
5th Wood Silverware
6th Iron Wood objects
7th Wool (Copper) Desk sets
8th Bronze Linens, Lace
9th Pottery (China) Leather goods
10th Tin, Aluminum Diamond
11th Steel Fashion jewelry
12th Silk Pearls, Colored gems
13th Lace Textiles, Furs
14th Ivory Gold jewelry
15th Crystal Watches

Sources:
Anderson, Charles. "The Exchange," RQ 25 (1985): 175.
The World Almanac and Books of Facts. Mahwah, New Jersey: World
Almanac Books, 1997.
World Book Encyclopedia, 1997 ed., s.v. "wedding anniversary."
Last Updated: 12/2000
I truncated it at the fifteen year point for symplicity. It looks like you have a tradtional gift of tin or aluminum. Tne modern gift (AHEM! read as preferred by women) is diamond. So what I would suggest is a six-pack (in tin/aluminum cans), an aluminum baseball bat, and a trip to the local baseball diamond so she can shag hits for you! Now isn't that romantic :a37:? I can see it now, "Hello, Dewey Fleesum and Howe? Do you guys do CHEAP divorces?":a27:
On a more realistic list, is there some thing that she has been wanting in aluminum? or tin? (All women want something in diamond, that's a no-brainer!)
Good luck...

You can do the ol' Homer Simpson trick where you buy her something that you want knowing very well that she won't use it and eventually it will come back to you. It was the episode in which Homer bought Marge the bowling ball. :biggrin:

roughrider said:
You can do the ol' Homer Simpson trick where you buy her something that you want knowing very well that she won't use it and eventually it will come back to you. It was the episode in which Homer bought Marge the bowling ball. :biggrin:

"Honey, I thought you would like this complete set of Taylor's creams. What, you don't use them? Would you mind if I do?":tongue_sm

Some months ago, for a Birthday treat, I treated my wife to a full wetshave (not gonna mention body parts). Afterwards she was completely blown away by the smoothness and lack of nick/cuts, etc. Anyway, long story short = she now has her own shaving brush and uses my creams and 'stuff'.

Of course, now there is no SCAD complaints because she can use 'the stuff' too. :biggrin: (it didn't however mean there was no gift - I was born at night, but not last night) :cool:

How about the complete set of "The Best of Mark Easter the ShoeShine Boy-Live on Stage at the Doe Run Masonic Lodge" 3 cd set....$39.99 plus P/H....

I am sure you both would enjoy it

My wife has that chart and she thought it meant that was when she was suppose to CLEAN those items....

Just a weekend alone WITHOUT KIDS should be good enough....

:scared: :w00t: :001_tt1:
:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

get r' done !!!!!

mark tssb

How about the complete set of "The Best of Mark Easter the ShoeShine Boy-Live on Stage at the Doe Run Masonic Lodge" 3 cd set....$39.99 plus P/H....

"available ONLY at B&B..." yeah, there's a reason for that!

Randy

Top Bottom