What's new

Anniversary Contest - TEN years!

View attachment 1134153

We celebrate our tenth year of being in business this year and want to commemorate it with a very special contest. There will be a lot of winners chosen like.... oh, how about ten. TEN? Yes, TEN WINNERS. Ten winners will be selected by random.org, one for each of the years we have been in business.

Here is why. We want to give back to the forum that played such an important role for my company before it even existed. I had worked every night for 4 1/2 months on a bay rum formula. Then I joined B&B and posted a thread to the effect of, "Hey, I am new here and have an aftershave formula that I have been working on. I would like to see what others think. If you want a free sample, send me your address. Once you have tried it, come back to this thread and post your opinion of it." We sent out forty samples and thirty-five guys were raving about it. "You need to come up with a name!" "You need to design a label!" "I don't want another sample, I want a BOTTLE - where do I send money???" I turned to the First Mate and said, "Hey, we may have something here..."

Since releasing that first bay rum aftershave we have released more scents and product lines to the point that our store now looks like this: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all The credit for that goes to all of our loyal customers and retailers who carry our lines. We thank each and every one of you and sincerely appreciate the impact you have had on our small business.

So what can you win? If you are selected as a winner you may pick one of anything in our store. This includes our aftershaves, lather bowls, shaving soaps, one of our popular Razor Caddys or a very cool Captain's Choice mug:

View attachment 1134376
View attachment 1134166

View attachment 1134375

View attachment 1134187
To enter the contest answer this question:

1. Describe an anniversary in your life and why it is memorable to you. (This is the widest possible definition of "anniversary.")

We will let the contest run for a bit and then announce the TEN WINNERS who were picked by random.org.

This is CONUS only please and we do thank you for understanding. Good luck to each one of you and again, thanks for a great run over the past ten years. We look forward to another ten at least!

~ The Captain
Wow! Generous PIF! I am in. My most memorable anniversary is my wedding date, 6/28/03 - which as you may notice is my profile name here on B&B. It's also my garage code, email address, and everything else I can think of. I can't remember where I put my car keys, but I'm not forgetting that!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Congrats to all of the winners. I think it was rigged since Bigfoot was not drawn. :lol:

:a17::a54:Here is to another 10 Scott.

This anniversary hasn’t happened yet, but in October of this year I’ll be 5 years sober from alcohol. It’s incredible to me that I’ve been free from drinking for this long. Sobriety has saved my marriage and my life. For the first time in my life, I actually *want* to avoid alcohol, because I want to be able to be there for my family.
Congratulations! Five years is a damn long time.

I was thinking along the same lines. I got clean when I was 26, and in 2013 celebrated my 26th anniversary clean. Half my life... it still amazes me.

Scott, congratulations on ten years. Not many of us get to accidentally turn a hobby into a good business. Best wishes for a profitable future!

Top Bottom