What's new

Anniversary Contest - TEN years!

This anniversary hasn’t happened yet, but in October of this year I’ll be 5 years sober from alcohol. It’s incredible to me that I’ve been free from drinking for this long. Sobriety has saved my marriage and my life. For the first time in my life, I actually *want* to avoid alcohol, because I want to be able to be there for my family.

The anniversary of my mother's death seems to always leave me a little melancholy. I am grateful for being blessed with having her for a mother, for the time I got to spend with her and the knowledge that I will meet her (along with my other loved ones who have gone on and my Lord & Savior) again in Heaven when this life is over. I still miss her and sometimes regret that she's not here to celebrate some of the milestones in our families lives and that seems to hit a little harder on the anniversary of her death.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The anniversary of my mother's death seems to always leave me a little melancholy. I am grateful for being blessed with having her for a mother, for the time I got to spend with her and the knowledge that I will meet her (along with my other loved ones who have gone on and my Lord & Savior) again in Heaven when this life is over. I still miss her and sometimes regret that she's not here to celebrate some of the milestones in our families lives and that seems to hit a little harder on the anniversary of her death.

I lost my mother and father about four years ago. They died 17 days apart from one another. We were expecting my father to pass, but my mother died very suddenly and unexpectedly soon after. You never get used to it. There's no such thing as an easy passing of an elderly parent. Peace be to you.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Congrats, Scott! I am in. This wedding Anniversary has been our best. Wife was in the hospital before hand. I was glad to have here home safe with me. I got her 1 gift, which she loved, a cardigan. She gave me a hug and told me Happy Anniversary. She was upset she didnt get me a gift. I told her I already have the best gift, her happy and healthy. Good luck to all participants and to many more years of success to you all at CC.

God Bless!

Thanks for the great 10th Anniversary PIF, Captain!

My mother passed away peacefully on December 10 several years ago. I think about her very often. Unconditional love is a rare and beautiful thing. Her birthday was August 26; I try to dedicate that day to her memory.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Ten years is a mark worth celebrating. Thank you for offering the contest! Our first wedding anniversary is approaching next month. Hard to believe a year has already passed.

Congratulations. Ten years....can seem like such a long time but is so often just a hiccup.
Ten years ago this month I was gearing up for my first “real” overseas trip...to the Old Sod, Ireland. Provided me an entirely new perspective on my heritage and a fresh vision of cultures other than American.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Wow 10 years, congrats on that.

My favorite Anniversary was my 25th. I got my wife a past, present, and future diamond. I picked it out myself. I still remember the look on her face.

Congratulations on making it to 10 years. Quite an accomplishment. I've had quite a few memorable anniversaries. One birthday my wife set up group tickets to a Diamondbacks game with about 25 friends and family members. That's the last time I really remember being with my grandma outside of the hospital before she died.

We've been trying to plan a second honeymoon for about 3 years now and our plans keep getting postponed. Maybe next year...

Wow! Very generous.

The most memorable anniversary for me is the first anniversary of my daughter's birth.

She's our only child (she's 5 now) and she pretty much stole my heart the moment I saw her. For her first birthday we did the classic 'give the kid a piece of cake and let them make a mess' thing. She was surprisingly hesitant. She's never had much of a sweet tooth so she only took a small bite or two and then just proceeded to just smash it and squeeze the frosting between her fingers. It of course got all over anything she could reach while still being confined to her high chair.

Cutest thing ever. Well, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. Turns out that every day with her is the cutest ever, trumping each preceding day.

Congratulations, Scott! 10 years is nothing to sneeze at and I'm glad to have been able to watch it grow for a large majority of that time.

We're approaching the 3 month mark since my son was born. He was born 5 weeks early and breached, and had to spend 3 weeks in the NICU learning how to eat properly. The early c-section arrival in the middle of Covid followed by a longer than initially planned NICU stay put a lot of stress on both myself and my wife. Each month that passes leaves me forever grateful for the nurses and neos in our NICU, and continues to remind me that not every couple gets to take their little one home.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not too long ago I celebrated the 15th anniversary of having my mitral valve replaced.

Not a particularly good day, but necessary, as I would more than likely not be here today if I hadn't done it.

So I'm in! Thanks Captain! You is one stand-up dude my friend.

Very generous, but not in. I've been blessed with a number of important anniversaries. My wife and I have been married now 34 years. I lost my father 5 years ago and my mother this year. And congrats to @sdimartino and as a very dear friend always said, "remember your sobriety date, or you will be finding a new one."

Congratulations on 10 years, but you’re just getting started.

in 10 days it will be our 43rd wedding anniversary. not a particularly memorable number, but I think the way the world is will make it like all of 2020 memorable

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ya know Cappy, after reading through this thread of all these happy saps braggin' on bein' married for X years, well.....it got me thinkin'.....

As most of y'all know, I've been happily married to my lovely wife, "the War Department" for about twenty years.

I figure that's worth an extra entry!

Ya see, we've been married over 32 years, but I'd say, if you were to add up all the not so good, unhappy days you'd come up with about 12 years.

So that's how I figured out I've been happily married for about 20 years.

Excuse me gents while I explain the new math to my bride.

If'n I ain't back in an hour call my mom.

Top Bottom