What's new

Anniversary Contest - TEN years!

10year-ribbon.gif

We celebrate our tenth year of being in business this year and want to commemorate it with a very special contest. There will be a lot of winners chosen like.... oh, how about ten. TEN? Yes, TEN WINNERS. Ten winners will be selected by random.org, one for each of the years we have been in business.

Here is why. We want to give back to the forum that played such an important role for my company before it even existed. I had worked every night for 4 1/2 months on a bay rum formula. Then I joined B&B and posted a thread to the effect of, "Hey, I am new here and have an aftershave formula that I have been working on. I would like to see what others think. If you want a free sample, send me your address. Once you have tried it, come back to this thread and post your opinion of it." We sent out forty samples and thirty-five guys were raving about it. "You need to come up with a name!" "You need to design a label!" "I don't want another sample, I want a BOTTLE - where do I send money???" I turned to the First Mate and said, "Hey, we may have something here..."

Since releasing that first bay rum aftershave we have released more scents and product lines to the point that our store now looks like this: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all The credit for that goes to all of our loyal customers and retailers who carry our lines. We thank each and every one of you and sincerely appreciate the impact you have had on our small business.

So what can you win? If you are selected as a winner you may pick one of anything in our store. This includes our aftershaves, lather bowls, shaving soaps, one of our popular Razor Caddys or a very cool Captain's Choice mug:

11445_026_Tif.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

To enter the contest answer this question:

1. Describe an anniversary in your life and why it is memorable to you. (This is the widest possible definition of "anniversary.")

We will let the contest run for a bit and then announce the TEN WINNERS who were picked by random.org.

This is CONUS only please and we do thank you for understanding. Good luck to each one of you and again, thanks for a great run over the past ten years. We look forward to another ten at least!

~ The Captain

Last edited:
Another generous contest. Has it been 10 years already?

I always remember the anniversary of arriving in WA state for my first job away from HI, where I lived most of my life until then. It involved leaving a job of 20 years and starting in a similar job but in a different place. For me, I remember it because it was the start of a chain of events that changed me forever and prepared for my final assignment back in HI until retirement. After that I moved back to WA, and older and somewhat wiser person.

Congratulations Captain on the 10 year anniversary! I enjoy using the slick Captain's soaps and the mug is incredible for the morning coffee.

One anniversary that is memorable to me is when I first started wet shaving couple years back. It was early September when I ran out of cartridges and looked for affordable options. There came EJ DE89 and Proraso Green soaps. Then a couple more. Then Maggard's starter kit and I kept slipping down the rabbithole. I truly enjoy wet shaving and I'm so glad that I discovered this hobby. There are still so many things to learn and try out and I'm lucky to be a part of it. I'm actually coming very close to the date and I'd like to revisit my starter kit to relive the memory.

Congratulations on the ten years in business.

Im going to commemorate a future anniversary. On November 14 of this year, my bride and I will celebrate 50 years of marriage. We were going to take a trip to Niagara Falls and the Northeast, but COVID has done that in. So we will likely spend a quiet day at home and just remember what a trip it has been.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Congratulations to the Captain on ten years!

I always remember the anniversary of my ordination to the diaconate. St. Patrick's was being "cleaned up" that year and the whole back of the cathedral was covered in metal scaffolding. Being a Star Trek fan, it reminded me of a Borg cube. At least that year the scaffolding was in the back...if memory recalls, the prior year, that scaffolding was in the front. I really felt for those guys and their wives and families...kinda tough to get a good view/picture. June 8th, 2013...the year I was assimilated into the diaconate. All kidding aside, it was a wonderful day and has been a joy-filled vocation. Now I serve in the church my wife and I were married in, another memorable anniversary!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your tenth anniversary.

I am celebrating 25 years with my beautiful bride this fall. We had travel plans, but my college's elimination of fall break as part of their Covid precautions put them on hold. Fortunately, it can't affect my happiness as I am still married to the finest woman in the world.

My thirtieth wedding anniversary, we were able to spend 16 carefree relaxing days at on the beach in Florida and then a scenic wondering drive back to Missouri (via some distilleries), the first major trip after my completion of a college degree and job promotion. We were looking to repeat this year (our 32nd anniversary) but the world has put that on hold....

Captain congrats and wishes for continued success!

Congrats on the 10 years Scott! I think this year will have a memorable anniversary for my wife and I as well. We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and with the virus and economy, we will have a muted anniversary at home. People will remember 2020 for a while, I suspect.

Congratulations, Captain, on your 10th Anniversary and best wishes for many more years to come!! And thank you for a great PIF to commemorate!!

This year, my beloved wife and I have celebrated 32 years of wonderful matrimony, but it's our 2nd anniversary that really stands out as memorable. My parents were celebrating their 25th anniversary the day after our 2nd, so we went on a double date in a rented limousine. We finished up our meal and all just about the time the limo was scheduled to return (pre-cell phone days so we guessed). The driver had exited the limo to come in and let us know that they had returned, but had locked the doors as a precaution. The spare key was in a magnetic keyholder under the front bumper, but had worked its way out of place and wasn't where it was supposed to be. So my parents, my beloved, and I stood on the sidewalk while the driver searched for the keyholder. Meanwhile, a couple of local drunks loudly announced how much better we would have been with them instead of our current driver. I felt bad for the driver who eventually did find the keyholder, although the drunks were somewhat entertaining. It made for a memorable evening.

Congratulations Scott on ten years!! That’s amazing! I know I’m new here but from my experience with you it has been one of extreme generosity, and on top of that you make some fantastic products! This September marks 2 years of marriage for me with my beautiful wife, and 6 years together.

Wow, ten years can go fast. You make some excellent products. Although likely expected, the anniversary I would have to mention is my wedding anniversary, which will hit 30 years in the Spring. I have been both blessed and challenged, but the journey has been incredible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom