What's new

Anniversary Contest - TEN years!

This anniversary hasn’t happened yet, but in October of this year I’ll be 5 years sober from alcohol. It’s incredible to me that I’ve been free from drinking for this long. Sobriety has saved my marriage and my life. For the first time in my life, I actually *want* to avoid alcohol, because I want to be able to be there for my family.
Congratulations, Sir. You have overcome great challenges.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on ten years! Please count me in.

I beleive this fall is my 5 year anniversary of coming back to live in the states after living abroad for equally as long. Couldn't be happier about it.

View attachment 1134153

We celebrate our tenth year of being in business this year and want to commemorate it with a very special contest. There will be a lot of winners chosen like.... oh, how about ten. TEN? Yes, TEN WINNERS. Ten winners will be selected by random.org, one for each of the years we have been in business.

Here is why. We want to give back to the forum that played such an important role for my company before it even existed. I had worked every night for 4 1/2 months on a bay rum formula. Then I joined B&B and posted a thread to the effect of, "Hey, I am new here and have an aftershave formula that I have been working on. I would like to see what others think. If you want a free sample, send me your address. Once you have tried it, come back to this thread and post your opinion of it." We sent out forty samples and thirty-five guys were raving about it. "You need to come up with a name!" "You need to design a label!" "I don't want another sample, I want a BOTTLE - where do I send money???" I turned to the First Mate and said, "Hey, we may have something here..."

Since releasing that first bay rum aftershave we have released more scents and product lines to the point that our store now looks like this: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all The credit for that goes to all of our loyal customers and retailers who carry our lines. We thank each and every one of you and sincerely appreciate the impact you have had on our small business.

So what can you win? If you are selected as a winner you may pick one of anything in our store. This includes our aftershaves, lather bowls, shaving soaps, one of our popular Razor Caddys or a very cool Captain's Choice mug:

View attachment 1134376
View attachment 1134166

View attachment 1134375

View attachment 1134187
To enter the contest answer this question:

1. Describe an anniversary in your life and why it is memorable to you. (This is the widest possible definition of "anniversary.")

We will let the contest run for a bit and then announce the TEN WINNERS who were picked by random.org.

This is CONUS only please and we do thank you for understanding. Good luck to each one of you and again, thanks for a great run over the past ten years. We look forward to another ten at least!

~ The Captain
December 21st 2019 I remarried the love of my life after 20 years of being apart ever since Dad everyday is that much sweeter waking up next to her it's funny how a 20 years can change your life but your heart never does when it comes to love

Congartulations on anywersarry.
all best
Its kind a funny whe sombody even remeber that but this 11 may was 20 yaers I start to play pool (billiard) as a sport. I know something litle about that game but on that day I come in our local club on recomendation of one my friend. some 7 months later start to comapete in local league and than in state, andaddiction still hold me on. hour and hours and hours of practice. literally Blood sweat and tears but also some incredible moments and great friendships and meet all peoples all the time, and still rolling.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Not too long ago I celebrated the 15th anniversary of having my mitral valve replaced.

Not a particularly good day, but necessary, as I would more than likely not be here today if I hadn't done it.

So I'm in! Thanks Captain! You is one stand-up dude my friend.
Glad you did!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This anniversary hasn’t happened yet, but in October of this year I’ll be 5 years sober from alcohol. It’s incredible to me that I’ve been free from drinking for this long. Sobriety has saved my marriage and my life. For the first time in my life, I actually *want* to avoid alcohol, because I want to be able to be there for my family.
Congratulations. Being sober is a great thing. It feels much like Freedom, in my experience.

Congrats on 10 years!!!

This month is the 10 year anniversary for my wife and I living in our current home. We've moved around a lot and this is the longest we've ever been in one place, so it kind of feels significant to us.

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. My favorite anniversary is my 25th wedding anniversary. I am a blessed man. My wedding day is the best day of my life!

Congratulations on 10 years in business.

Nothing really anniversary wise comes to mind. About 3 months I did hit the milestone working for my employer for 35 years. Not sure if that is something I want to remember though.

Again congrats and keep up the great work.

Congratulations on your continued success!
In 26 days, it will be the eleventh anniversary of my father passing. He was my best friend and he was holding my hand when he left us. I still have the handle from his shaving brush :) It's cheap, but I can't let it go. Like probably Van Der Hagen from Shop Rite. It's green. One day I'll have Rudy put a nice knot in it.

Congrats on the 10 years! My most memorable anniversary is the passing of a good family friend, like another father to me. He was the most social and understanding man I have come to know, and his advice still helps me out daily. Every anniversary, a bunch of us meet up at his grave site and pass around a fifth of Jameson (his favorite), leaving it on the headstone afterwards.

View attachment 1134153

We celebrate our tenth year of being in business this year and want to commemorate it with a very special contest. There will be a lot of winners chosen like.... oh, how about ten. TEN? Yes, TEN WINNERS. Ten winners will be selected by random.org, one for each of the years we have been in business.

Here is why. We want to give back to the forum that played such an important role for my company before it even existed. I had worked every night for 4 1/2 months on a bay rum formula. Then I joined B&B and posted a thread to the effect of, "Hey, I am new here and have an aftershave formula that I have been working on. I would like to see what others think. If you want a free sample, send me your address. Once you have tried it, come back to this thread and post your opinion of it." We sent out forty samples and thirty-five guys were raving about it. "You need to come up with a name!" "You need to design a label!" "I don't want another sample, I want a BOTTLE - where do I send money???" I turned to the First Mate and said, "Hey, we may have something here..."

Since releasing that first bay rum aftershave we have released more scents and product lines to the point that our store now looks like this: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all The credit for that goes to all of our loyal customers and retailers who carry our lines. We thank each and every one of you and sincerely appreciate the impact you have had on our small business.

So what can you win? If you are selected as a winner you may pick one of anything in our store. This includes our aftershaves, lather bowls, shaving soaps, one of our popular Razor Caddys or a very cool Captain's Choice mug:

View attachment 1134376
View attachment 1134166

View attachment 1134375

View attachment 1134187
To enter the contest answer this question:

1. Describe an anniversary in your life and why it is memorable to you. (This is the widest possible definition of "anniversary.")

We will let the contest run for a bit and then announce the TEN WINNERS who were picked by random.org.

This is CONUS only please and we do thank you for understanding. Good luck to each one of you and again, thanks for a great run over the past ten years. We look forward to another ten at least!

~ The Captain

You are one of the most generous vendors I've seen in any industry. I commend you on your care for the shave community. Congrats on 10 years and may many many more come.

Congratulations on 10 years! I'm personally waiting for the one-year anniversary of moving to a new city for school (next month!)

Congratulations on 10 years! Probably 1/20/1991 which was the date of my first marathon. I was never an athletic kid but when I was 25 years old two friends convinced me I could run a marathon. They supported and helped train me and on 1/20/1991 I ran my first one. It was the first time I remember really doing something just for myself. I hardly told anyone I was preparing for it and really got a good sense of myself through that journey.

On a lighter note, I got your shave bowl and loved it. I dropped it in the sink one day and shattered it. Immediately after cleaning up the mess I got online and ordered an identical replacement, which I continue to love. I'm hoping eventually I forget that I mistreated the first one and this blends together to be a great memory of one very functional shave bowl!

Good luck on your next 10+ years!

Top Bottom