What's new

Animal excreted coffee

I was just posting some thoughts about Brazilian Jacu bird coffee, and I thought I would inquire over here who has indulged in this unusual delicacy. I bought this coffee on a lark, but I am finding it a really great cup. I have tried kopi luwak before, and I found it pretty lousy, especially outrageous considering the price.

I was trying to make an analogy about us eating eggs that come from inside chickens to my wife, who also liked the bird-excreted coffee, and her reply was "eggs don't come out of a chicken's ***". :lol: Of course, I am not sure the actual exit passageway makes it any more appealing.

Discuss.

Why do I feel an Ouch-esque pu-er joke coming on? :idea:

Chickens don't really have an ***. They have a claoca. Eggs, poop, and urine all come out of the same place...

If I remember my comparative biology correctly, chickens don't urinate period. They have a gland in their heads that essentially recycles any liquid waste (the salts of the liquid come out with the solid waste).

It is not the only coffee to come from animal droppings. It is said to refine the harshness out of it.

I think I will make do with the regular harshness of my coffee. (Rather than make coffee less harsh with doo.):lol:

Don't forget to tip your waitress! But don't tip her to hard, she may fall over!

I think I will make do with the regular harshness of my coffee. (Rather than make coffee less harsh with doo.):lol:

Don't forget to tip your waitress! But don't tip her to hard, she may fall over!

This message brought to you by "Springs1."

(sorry, John, I just had to.)

Yes, regular coffee drinks pretty good, doesn't it?

I keep thinking about the "stuff" that ends up, invariably, all over my car in the spring. Can't imagine picking the "peanuts" out of it, roasting, grinding and brewing into a tasty beverage.

Interesting replies. Just think, though, the coffee is, um, excreted with its parchment wrapper still on. Then it is cleaned, the parchment is removed and processed like normal coffee, and then finally it is subjected to extremely high temperatures during the roasting process. What's the big deal? Is it really worse than eating the flesh of a dead cow or pig? People eat intestines all over the world, as well as tongues, spleens, you name it. Anyway, you get the point. A lot of Westerners have some puritanical ideas about food. In the grand scheme of things, coffee like this is tame.

I'll just stick with coffee that sometimes tastes like poop and I believe I'll pass on the poop that supposedly tastes like coffee, thank you all the same. :wink:

OK, I'm kinda picky about food, but somewhat more adventurous than other people I know... anyhow, I'd try this stuff, just to say I did it and to see if it lives up to the hype.

This message brought to you by "Springs1."

(sorry, John, I just had to.)

I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again. I promise to never channel Springs 1 again.

*** coffee? OOOPS, I mean claoca coffee? There's not enough booze in the world that you could dump in to make me try it.

To each their own. :tongue:

Lmao *** coffee, Brilliant! I actually wouldnt mind trying it. Im not really a coffee drinker. It just doesn't do it for me. Doesn't even affect me caffeine wise. But for sure I would like to indulge in pricey coffee. I mean c'mon, Im from Ecuador. We eat Guinea pigs.

Kopi Luwak (Civet coffee) offers the same distinction. It is brewed from beans that have passed through the digestive tract of a specific species of feline in Southeast Asia and the Phillipines. It is the world's most expensive coffee, selling for upwards of $120 a pound. Supposedly quite good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

I keep thinking about the "stuff" that ends up, invariably, all over my car in the spring. Can't imagine picking the "peanuts" out of it, roasting, grinding and brewing into a tasty beverage.

One time, I was attending a play at the Walnut Theater in Philadelphia. At intermission, I went to the lobby, bought a cup of coffee, and stepped outside for a smoke.

Just at that moment, a pigeon flew overhead and pooped in my coffee. Oh, well, it was just coffee. So I put the almost full cup, still steaming, down on the sidewalk and continued my smoke.

A homeless person ambles by hustling for spare change. He sees the coffee, picks it up, drinks a sip, and continues on his merry way ... quite pleased with the fact that he had scored a free cup of coffee.

I couldn't stop laughing ... and neither could the half-dozen or so smokers that had seen me put down the cup.

True Story.

One time, I was attending a play at the Walnut Theater in Philadelphia. At intermission, I went to the lobby, bought a cup of coffee, and stepped outside for a smoke.

Just at that moment, a pigeon flew overhead and pooped in my coffee. Oh, well, it was just coffee. So I put the almost full cup, still steaming, down on the sidewalk and continued my smoke.

A homeless person ambles by hustling for spare change. He sees the coffee, picks it up, drinks a sip, and continues on his merry way ... quite pleased with the fact that he had scored a free cup of coffee.

I couldn't stop laughing ... and neither could the half-dozen or so smokers that had seen me put down the cup.

True Story.
I thought you were going to tell us the homeless guy came back and told you the coffee tasted like ****!:001_smile

I'd try this, although I should probably do it soon, before it reaches the exorbitant kopi luwak prices..

Although for some reason I think that I'd feel safer drinking coffee a mamal pooped out than a bird.

Incedentally how do coffee berries taste... Anyone interested in playing venture capitalist for a new idea? :p

Top Bottom