What's new

Angle razor

My first impression after looking at it, is it seems awkward. I'd prefer to have the handle angle the other direction. I don't know if it would impact the shave but I could see it causing problems on a sideways pass on the neck. I'd have to try that angle with a folding straight to see how it works.

I vaguely remember reading about it when it was a kickstarter project. I found the razor interesting, but not enough to try and locate one for purchase. I was not totally "sold" on the angled handle, whether the angle would help very much or if it might sometimes interfere with positioning the head during the shave. I suspect the angled head would be of help when face shaving but again I was not sure, since it is easier for the minds eye to know if the blade is mostly level or not by feeling the grip and knowing it is a straight line (which is useful when cleaning up the back of the neck). And I thought the round handle could potentially make it harder to position and start a new stroke, since the hand had nothing to help it fine tune the position of razor's face just by feel, meaning it was more like a baseball bat than a cricket bat or tennis racket handle.

Still I would like to try and see how well it works. Though I don't care for that stand, I would prefer some easy way to store inside a drawer.

Agreed, a round handle is about the worst shape for something like a razor or knife. The hand should be able to detect which way the blade lies - not the eyes.
Pretty pricey considering one doesn't need a stand made out of machined aluminum.
Probably well made none the less.
Certainly not something I would consider.

The Coolector | Online Men's Lifestyle Magazine | Design, Gear & Fashion - The Coolector
GearMarch 22, 2018

MORRAMA ANGLE RAZOR​

proxy.php

Whilst we don’t shave an abundant amount here at Coolector HQ given our own struggles in growing facial hair, the thought of owning a top quality razor is one that enters our mind regularly and we think we’ve just come across the prime candidate for the position in the shape of the Morrama Angle Razor which is funding on Kickstarter now and is vying to be the next addition to your washbag line up.
proxy.php

The Morrama Angle Razor is billed as a straight razor for the 21st Century courtesy of its minimalistic design and unique performance that will really wow you the first time it’s gliding across your face. This first class shaving accessory is taking Kickstarter by storm as we speak and though the tangible quality of the razor itself is unparalleled, you’ll be pleased to hear it is compatible with low-cost blades that are available worldwide.

Close Cut

The product design agency, Morrama, had the desire create an experience that truly embraced the ritual of shaving and set about crafting a product which was impeccably designed and robust enough to last through all the many shaves you’re sure to want to carry out with out. So they made the Angle Razor that is on Kickstarter now and, given that it’s flown past its funding target, it’s plain to see there is a pretty big market amongst men for a product just like this.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Angle Razor from Morrama is a machined aluminium straight razor which can use almost any disposable razor blade so it has the sort of versatility that sets it apart from many other razors on the market. It has been painstakingly and carefully designed to be simple to control and to keep clean, and it is ergonomically excellent and will always feel perfectly balanced in the hand. This means the Angle Razor is capable of delivering an incredibly precise shave using a single blade.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Morrama choose to create specifically a straight razor because it’s great for trimming and wet shaving and they love the ceremony around shaving with a cut-throat razor, and really wanted to create a product that was a nod to that process. Straight razors are used in barbershops across the world and disposable blade straight razor is typically the choice of professionals so the Morrama Angle Razor on Kickstarter lets you recreate the barbering ritual in your own home.
Nice head opening method thus the need for the rounded handle.

Above just a 2018 review of the product.

Last edited:
Nice head opening method thus the need for the rounded handle.

Above just a 2018 review of the product.

They could have made the handle oval sweeping to round at the end still utilizing the same mechanism.
Or even left oval or any other shape with the end locking in the proper position.
Should have been part of all the "engineering"

They could have made the handle oval sweeping to round at the end still utilizing the same mechanism.
Or even left oval or any other shape with the end locking in the proper position.
Should have been part of all the "engineering"
Yes, obviously they could have - what something like that would look like is another matter ( aesthetics)

I was just curious to find out what individuals, that have purchased and used it for some time thought about it - nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:
Yes, obviously they could have - what something like that would look like is another matter ( aesthetics)

I was just curious to find out what individuals, that have purchased and used it for some time thought about it - nothing more and nothing less.

I'm not sure you will find anyone who has one. Hopefully they will chime in if they do.
A really well made shavette should do well in the market. I don't know why everyone doesn't have one.
They can be fantastic shavers and very inexpensive to run.
I think the biggest problem is everyone makes they too small, no idea why.
The Universal brand which I always recommend are full size and feel like a real razor. I think that matters.

Thread 'Angle Shavette' Angle Shavette - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/angle-shavette.554793/

So it was mentioned in this forum in 2018.

If you read our fellow forum members' comments in 2018 and 3 years later we aren't any the wiser...
We aren't any wiser how? Because nobody is buying them?
I don't see anybody singing their praises...yet.
What do you consider as being well made ?

Something that is not flimsy or tiny, rusts easily, holds the blade solidly. A general sense of something well made is easily seen and felt in the hand.
Many are just flimsy and very small. After all, these are made for men primarily - why are they so small in stature when the item they are mimicking is not? It makes no sense.

@stone and strop

My " ..we aren't any the wiser" comment was just some veiled humour ( U.K English)

The feather SS , DX and the KAI kamisori shavettes are excellent quality IMO.

Thank you all for your comments - this thread is marked as closed for me - others are more than welcome to comment.

My humble opinion is that if you want to straight shave, get a real one. One good razor, one good strop, one good hone. It's worked for hundreds of years, it'll work for hundreds more.

My humble opinion is that if you want to straight shave, get a real one. One good razor, one good strop, one good hone. It's worked for hundreds of years, it'll work for hundreds more.
Sure , this young lady - certainly knows how to use one.

Top Bottom