What's new

Angels Envy

I did toss round the idea of the Bulleit last night as I was scouring the section at my local party store.

I really enjoy Bulleit and it makes a fantastic old fashion. Also, if you havent already found this, check out https://www.caskers.com/ It has tons of different bourbons (all other liquors too) that are somewhat rare or small batch, and at a discount. I sometimes get a bunch of bottles at once from caskers just for the fun of trying something new.

I really enjoy Bulleit and it makes a fantastic old fashion. Also, if you havent already found this, check out https://www.caskers.com/ It has tons of different bourbons (all other liquors too) that are somewhat rare or small batch, and at a discount. I sometimes get a bunch of bottles at once from caskers just for the fun of trying something new.
Thank You for the link, I have not seen this site yet. In the last year I went from Bud Light to local IPAa, and have now moved to bourbon which is where I'll stay for while, so thanks again for the link.

It's $45 at our local Total Wine store. However, the rye when it's available is $79. For me it's a nice smooth bourbon but a bit overpriced. I picked up some Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit for the same price and that one really was good.

It's $45 at our local Total Wine store. However, the rye when it's available is $79. For me it's a nice smooth bourbon but a bit overpriced. I picked up some Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit for the same price and that one really was good.

At that price range I'd still take WT Rare Breed and Forgiven over Angels Envy for sure.

My current favorite is Basil Hayden ($4x). I have a bottle of Blantons in the cabinet, but haven't opened it yet. On the under $40 list is Four Roses Small Batch (a bit sweet), Buffalo Trace, and I really like Evan Williams small batch over the Elijah Craig 12.

I enjoy it on occasion. It definitely has a different flavor, not bad, just not something I drink on a regular basis. My everyday bourbon is Buffalo Trace.

If you are looking for a very very very good bargain bourbon, try Evan Williams 1783. Its about 25 bucks for a 1.75 liter bottle. Its good neat, very good on the rocks, and so cheap that you dont feel bad using it to mix cocktails with.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I rank Angel 's Envy in my top 3 or 4 favorite bourbons that I've tried. Blantons a bit above it. Buffalo Trace is up there too, but it's so damn cheap I'll take Trace over almost anything

Resurrecting this thread to report. Was at the hotel bar and asked for an Angels Envy and the bartender asked “Bourbon or Rye?” I was in the mood for bourbon so I went with that.

But the next night I went for the Rye. I think I liked that even more.

I have not had the rye yet, I'll have to give it a go next time i buy a bottle. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom