What's new

Andis t outliners randomly yanking hair?

Anyone have this problem? I only use them once a month. I oil them everytime. I've only had them for a year. Surely the blade isn't dull yet. Anything I can do? I'm sitting here with half a buzzed head 😆

You might have to unscrew the head and check that the adjustment screws haven't loosened or the blade has slipped. Good luck getting it realigned by eye though...

I have a ceramic blade for mine that I still haven't installed because I don't have the tool to align it.

You might have to unscrew the head and check that the adjustment screws haven't loosened or the blade has slipped. Good luck getting it realigned by eye though...

I have a ceramic blade for mine that I still haven't installed because I don't have the tool to align it.
Maybe ill just shave ye Ole head for now with a razor. Not my preference tho. Still have too much hair lol

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I agree! Outliners aka detailers, are not meant to cut a whole head of hair. They are meant for refinement work, such as creating your line.

For doing haircuts, I recommend clippers. See my profile picture? Those are the Wahl Magic Clips. And they are a PRO tool for cutting your hair.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006Q7IMG/

I didn't have to do anything to them except slide them on.... I guess it depends on which clippers you own. I have used them for my whole face many many times... when I had 3 or 4 weeks growth. I bought them in 2012.

They no longer make the Andis clippers I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RFQ09I/

But Amazon says the blades are interchangeable with the Oster 76/A5 blades.

I don't know much about the Wahl's... do the blades just drop down for replacement or change out? Or do you have to unscrew the blades for change out?

LOL... I was checking.... the Andis pet clippers have interchangeable blade sets.... but I couldn't find a current model for humans that does. I doubt I'm explaining it well.... you just push down on the blades... and they slip right off... so you can change out into another blade set in a flash.. no aligning.. no screws to mess with.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006Q7IMG/

I didn't have to do anything to them except slide them on.... I guess it depends on which clippers you own. I have used them for my whole face many many times... when I had 3 or 4 weeks growth. I bought them in 2012.

They no longer make the Andis clippers I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RFQ09I/

But Amazon says the blades are interchangeable with the Oster 76/A5 blades.

I don't know much about the Wahl's... do the blades just drop down for replacement or change out? Or do you have to unscrew the blades for change out?

LOL... I was checking.... the Andis pet clippers have interchangeable blade sets.... but I couldn't find a current model for humans that does. I doubt I'm explaining it well.... you just push down on the blades... and they slip right off... so you can change out into another blade set in a flash.. no aligning.. no screws to mess with.

Wahl clippers use two screws to secure the blade to the clipper, the blades are a two-piece design. When a new blades are put on, you must align the blades properly.
proxy.php

Truth is, most clippers use this attachment method. And as far as the guides, of course Wahl clippers have guide combs like everybody else. But with Wahl, you have the choice of the standard black ones, the standard colorful ones for color coding, or the premium guide combs. For anybody who are planning to get into Wahl clippers on a permanent basis, I recommend they get the premium guide combs.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And this is my Wahl Magic Clip clippers!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A picture is worth .... well, whatever it's worth, I suppose. This is how I change from one set of blades to another. This is from an Andis clippers sold for pet grooming... almost the same as the one I bought in 2012. I have two extra blade sets for it. It came with 000 and I have the 00000 and the Ultraedge trimmer set.
Andis blade change.jpg

Top Bottom