What's new

Andis Pro Foil Feedback Anyone?

So I’ve used the Andis pro foil shaver on & off for a couple of years & it will offer up an extremely close shaves without a lot of irritation. But I have to use a feather light touch going WTG at 1st XTG 2nd, & ATG last or else I get punished by this shaver. But when handled well it does leave very good results. Does anyone else use this shaver? Thanks
image.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never heard of it. I am in Australia though. That is the style that I would use as I am not a fan of the three circle bladed jobbies. That one I could do my neck with but the three headed ones I struggle with on the neck and Adam’s apple area.

Have not used, but it gets moderately good ratings. Most complaints seem to be centered around quality and QC, and as you note the possibility of a punishing shave if not delicately handled - common with thin foils even with high end Panasonics. Remington's similar two-foil heads fare a little better in that price range, but as a budget foil shaver probably pretty OK. Not wet/dry if that matters.

Last edited:
Have not used, but it gets moderately good ratings. Most complaints seem to be centered around quality and QC, and as you note the possibility of a punishing shave if not delicately handled - common with thin foils even with high end Panasonics. Remington's similar two-foil heads fare a little better in that price range, but as a budget foil shaver probably pretty OK. Not wet/dry if that matters.
Yes I actually have the Remington you mentioned & surprisingly it’s a decent razor as well. My long running concern with basically all electric shavers is that I wind up with a slightly dry skin condition even with thorough pre & post shave habits including washing & balms.

I had never heard of this brand which I gathered from their website It’s Korean. I’m curious how a rotary motor works with a linear type foil shaver. Except for the gold screens the shaver resembles the Braun shavers made in the US by Ronson in the 1950s and 60s. Of course those shavers were corded. The gentlest screen shaver I have used is my current Braun 7 series which can be used with more pressure than others such as Panasonic. Basically a lighter touch works best and results in the least irritation.

Top Bottom