What's new

Anders' shaving journal

The first four shaves went like any other shaves in my journal, therefore I won't bore you with the details. The fifth and last shave however was with the MK no. 7 I bought from [MENTION=94244]sskim3[/MENTION]. I decided to do a WTG and then ATG instead of my usual WTG and then XTG. The shave itself went fine, but my new Kent silvertex gave me brush burn :001_huh:. The tips are extremely soft, but the brush has so much backbone that I am quite certain this brush is not for me. After a few uses I will evaluate whether to PIF it or not.
Anyway, the shave itself went very fine. I used Cella (one of my favourites) and got an amazing lather. The WTG pass went very fine, but I managed to nick myself on the ATG pass. I did however achieve a lot closer shave on my chin than what has been the norm lately. I would say that the edge (which Tom honed himself) is very good and shaves the hairs off cleanly.

The first four shaves went like any other shaves in my journal, therefore I won't bore you with the details. The fifth and last shave however was with the MK no. 7 I bought from [MENTION=94244]sskim3[/MENTION]. I decided to do a WTG and then ATG instead of my usual WTG and then XTG. The shave itself went fine, but my new Kent silvertex gave me brush burn :001_huh:. The tips are extremely soft, but the brush has so much backbone that I am quite certain this brush is not for me. After a few uses I will evaluate whether to PIF it or not.
Anyway, the shave itself went very fine. I used Cella (one of my favourites) and got an amazing lather. The WTG pass went very fine, but I managed to nick myself on the ATG pass. I did however achieve a lot closer shave on my chin than what has been the norm lately. I would say that the edge (which Tom honed himself) is very good and shaves the hairs off cleanly.

I also got a MK from Tom, except broke the scales before I got a chance to use it, reading your journal got me even more motivated to get those scales done and start shaving with it already. Crossing my fingers that the Whipped Dog wood scales get here soon! Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Anders!

I also got a MK from Tom, except broke the scales before I got a chance to use it, reading your journal got me even more motivated to get those scales done and start shaving with it already. Crossing my fingers that the Whipped Dog wood scales get here soon! Happy Belated Thanksgiving, Anders!
Happy belated thanksgiving to you too! I got to tell you that Larry's scales arent the prettiest around, but they get the job done. Just be careful you don't break them like I did

I tried my new CJB kamisori with a feather proguard. The result was a DFS+ with more irritation than I normally would like

I tried my new CJB kamisori with a feather proguard. The result was a DFS+ with more irritation than I normally would like

I find that I need to adjust my angle during the use of my Feather DX, which is pretty similar to your CJB. I have to hold it further away from my face than I do with regular SRs (shallower angle).

[MENTION=109827]SirChangalot[/MENTION] You've been neglecting your journal.. Hope all is well!
I am fine thank you, a little busy with university lately. I have stared honing my own razors using lapping film and I feel that my ADs have calmed down substantially! My edges are OK, nothing to brag about, but also I feel that I am at least on the right track.

Top Bottom