What's new

And you thought it is getting better.....

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just saw this on FB, Bobcat Armament......
"For those of you still holding on to the "it is getting better" mentality.....we were expecting an increase on the 1st for CCI/Federal primers of 20%, but the actual increase caught us off guard.

proxy.php

Amazing..was able to score some CCI primers yesterday at Natchezss: they are selling you more the 1k pack, I got 5k, so I pay only once the hazmat fee, all others sell you only 1k and charge the hazmat fee for 1k only. This is screwed up.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sucks but not totally unexpected. Still won't prevent me from reloading, still saving money over factory ammo prices. Plus, reloading isn't only about shooting cheaper, it's more about custom reloading to maximize performance for best accuracy.

Reactions: Anu

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I'm so glad I laid in a supply way back when. I could retire selling stuff out of my reloading room. LOL.

I won't tell you what I have, it would just **** you off. :lol:

Just saw this on FB, Bobcat Armament......
"For those of you still holding on to the "it is getting better" mentality.....we were expecting an increase on the 1st for CCI/Federal primers of 20%, but the actual increase caught us off guard.

proxy.php

Amazing..was able to score some CCI primers yesterday at Natchezss: they are selling you more the 1k pack, I got 5k, so I pay only once the hazmat fee, all others sell you only 1k and charge the hazmat fee for 1k only. This is screwed up.
Bobcat is local to me, I've been in the store several times and bought stuff there. Love the guy, his massive dog, and the firecracker redhead wife you just know you don't want to cross. Seems like a great family run operation.

Much of this is inflation driven by higher commodity prices and has little to do with the present high market demand. They are not gouging. This is what happens you support Congress spending a borrowed 1-3 trillion a year for several years. Eventually massive deficits WILL produce inflation, at cannot be delayed indefinitely. The Chinese can only buy so much of our debt to support their currency manipulation needs.

Check the Chicago Commodity prices for copper and lead sometime. Then add on the EPA rules that make it almost impossible for anyone to start a new business making primers and you have a recipe for shooters getting screwed.

The only hope is that foreign makers of items will eventually come to US market and we'll have some price elasticity regained.

I noticed that the 40% increase in primer prices is not followed by the words "manufacturer's increase".

Sportsmans Warehouse is selling 1K boxes of primers for around $48. Yes, they place limits and yes, they sell out immediately but they're still around $48 a box.

Looks to me like your local gun guy's just jacking up the price. Again, his store his business.

I noticed that the 40% increase in primer prices is not followed by the words "manufacturer's increase".

Sportsmans Warehouse is selling 1K boxes of primers for around $48. Yes, they place limits and yes, they sell out immediately but they're still around $48 a box.

Looks to me like your local gun guy's just jacking up the price. Again, his store his business.
I look for the "shortage" and "supply chain" excuses (whether they be organic or MANUFACTURED)to be used to inflate retail prices for some time to come.

Realize…this entire price increase phenomenon is hardly anything new. Reflect back on what the going rates were a couple years ago for…most groceries, gas, clothing, utilities.… you know, stuff you needed to basically survive.
Prices will no doubt continue to increase…the population will complain…and yet dig deeper for the VISA card. So it goes. There are remedies…a favorite local brewpub here has gone bugnutty. One 16 oz. draft…$9.00 including tax and a $1.00 tip. The tourist crowd could not care less. Me? I will not support such madness. I still patronize the place but drink water.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Realize…this entire price increase phenomenon is hardly anything new. Reflect back on what the going rates were a couple years ago for…most groceries, gas, clothing, utilities.… you know, stuff you needed to basically survive.
Prices will no doubt continue to increase…the population will complain…and yet dig deeper for the VISA card. So it goes. There are remedies…a favorite local brewpub here has gone bugnutty. One 16 oz. draft…$9.00 including tax and a $1.00 tip. The tourist crowd could not care less. Me? I will not support such madness. I still patronize the place but drink water.

🤔 Sounds like last time I was in Oslo, Norway. Kids would get one beer and try to make it last all night long. $$$$$.

AA

Lest we forget those golden days of yesteryear (mid to late ‘70s) when I was buying Pabst for $3.00 a 12 pack😳

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Best I've found is SRP Match for $80.00/1K at my local bass pro. You have to ask the guys behind the counter as they are hid in the back but... Not great but better than Gun Broker.

If you just stop paying the price. Stock will return and prices will drop as they sit on merchandise. Cut down the number of shots per session, shoot a hard recoiling bolt rifle, what ever it takes to shoot just a little less.

Top Bottom