What's new

And you thought eBay proces were crazy

Planning to fund your retirement via CL sales, eh? :lol:

Wouldn't that be a kick in the head? Being able to tell SWMBO that I was right all along about the real value of old razors, hey babe, we're set for life, buying an island off the coast of Greece, spend the rest of my life tanning. Shaving and tanning.

Baffles me as well, saw a beat up superspeed on my local CL today for the bargain price of 75 bucks.
Seller raved about how "vintage" it was but how you can still find blades for them, but wasnt sure where. With a price that low, he must be an authority on the subject of wet shaving and have a nice collection. I had to refrain from emailing him to ask, if I paid him 100 would he show me how to use it.

I see things like that at one of my local flea markets, one vendor was selling a very worn Feather Weight for $75.00, I told the guy I had picked up a lot of 13 old GEMs three aisles over for $12.00, he really needed to adjust his price.

On Craigslist, bless it's little heart, you can see things priced all over the map.
Some folks are delusional.
Then again, some just don't know what they have, but they're harder to find!

I tried to sell a solid silver flute there a few years back, and all I got from several prospects was:
"I've seen others that have just as many keys and only cost $75!"
"Yes ma'm, but you have to consider the maker and the materials, all that.
Compare online, and you can see it's actually quite a bargain at $600."
"But the others look just the same..."

I gave up.

Last edited:
It is surprising what people ask for junk store razors. But what's equally surprising is what people are willing to pay for junk store razors.

You can tell that an awful lot of folks do their research on ebay, but they only look at the asking prices and fail to click on the "Completed Listings" which tell the true story.

-jim

Never thought of looking at Craigslist. Only things I see are scooters and cell phones, though someone is offering a straight razor sharpening service with 4k and 8k stones. Ever hear of Sharpening Shack in San Diego?

One person is selling "ASR industrial razor blades, 100-ct, single edge (unused) $8". The only ASR I know of is for safety razors; I sent an e-mail and will see what kind of response I get.

Never thought of looking at Craigslist. Only things I see are scooters and cell phones, though someone is offering a straight razor sharpening service with 4k and 8k stones. Ever hear of Sharpening Shack in San Diego?

One person is selling "ASR industrial razor blades, 100-ct, single edge (unused) $8". The only ASR I know of is for safety razors; I sent an e-mail and will see what kind of response I get.

I'm going to guess carpet blades!

-jim

I'm going to guess carpet blades!

You're probably right. But I'm hoping to catch lightning in a bottle here.

The fact that I even sent an e-mail to follow up on things such as razor blades is something I'd never thought I would do even six months ago. :lol:

The Ebay sellers have gone mad. I was watching a cased Gem Damaskeene BIN for $35. It didn't sell. Then the seller relisted the razor for $55. Recently he upped the BIN to $75. Interesting selling strategy...even if totally counter-intuitive. "If you won't buy my razor, I'm going to double the price! I'll show you buyers!"

Top Bottom