What's new

And THIS is how AD starts for me.

Greetings all!

Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of my latest acquisitions, or should I say my first purchases (and undoubtedly far from my last)! Letting my whiskers grow a little before my first shave, but I am REALLY looking forward to it.

Pictured:

- Edwin Jagger Kelvin safety razor
- Omega 10049 professional boar brush
- Proraso Green Tea and Oat shaving soap
- Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera

I must admit, this EJ razor is a BEAUTIFUL piece of hardware.

It's really unfortunate for my wife that I work just a few blocks away from WCS.

$setup1.jpg$setup3.jpg

Last edited:
STOP NOW! Put down the credit card. Stop looking at beautiful stuff you don't need. Quit while you're ahead--you've got everything you need for a lifetime of great shaving (minus a bit of soap and blades going forward.) I speak with experience:25+ DE's, over 80 straights, 20+ soaps and enough blades for my lifetime, your lifetime, and the rest of my two teenage boys years of shaving to come. (Mmmm, Feathers...)
Or not. I mean, you gotta have a stainless.... Oh! And a vintage... maybe 2. Never mind...

That's very similar to the setup I started with. Would you like me to post a picture of what I've accumulated over the last 6 months? I will... I'll do it... You better hope I don't... but I will if you want me to.:lol:

That's a good soap. It lathers very easily and smells fantastic. And a very nice razor, love the handle.

Enjoy your newest acquisitions.

When I started nearly two years ago, that's what I settled into pretty quickly: EJ89, Proraso white, and an Omega 49. I've tried lots of other razors, soaps, creams and brushes. But this is now my daily setup that I use 99% of the time. It works!

Scott

Top Bottom