What's new

And the party begins...

My beginning arsenal from QEDUSA.com arrived today. :w00t:

$IMAG0017.jpg

What do you guys think?

How about some better presentation?

$IMAG0020.jpg

I have to say the EJ DE89BA11 Barley Chrome is damned beautiful! It's an amazing piece I can't take my eyes off of :001_tt1:. Man am I glad to call this one mine.

My first impression of the Eucris and Arlington soaps are that they're very nice, clean smelling soaps that would inspire a fresh feeling. Personally I think I'm slightly more interested in the Eucris scent and will use it first. The Proraso aftershave splash also smells very nice and I see why it's popular with many men. It makes me think of an Italian barber shop.

Now for the blades. I hand picked these blades because these are the brands that I'm most interested in trying based on all the research I've done. Or simply based on curiousity. So the (inevitable) question I have for all you intermediates and veterans is (come on, you knew it was coming). What blade would you suggest I begin with and why?

Nice haul. That is a great set up.

+1 for Astras. I have real sensitive skin and they give me the most comfortable shave but they are still nice and sharp.

Haven't tried Eucris but Arlington is a very good soap, one of my favorites, especially this time of year.

Let me know how the proraso AS works. I think that will be my next purchase......and maybe a scuttle too

Excellent beginning set-up! I am a fan of both Astras and Shark Super Chromes. HOWEVER, if this is going to be your first-ever shave with a DE razor, I recommend beginning with Derby, which is somewhat more forgiving. If you prefer a strict and uncompromising teacher for your shaving technique, though, go ahead and try an Astra or Shark SC.

Do not use the Feathers until you know what you are doing. Seriously.

Party on, dude! :punk:

My beginning arsenal from QEDUSA.com arrived today. :w00t:

View attachment 244542

What do you guys think?

How about some better presentation?

View attachment 244544

I have to say the EJ DE89BA11 Barley Chrome is damned beautiful! It's an amazing piece I can't take my eyes off of :001_tt1:. Man am I glad to call this one mine.

My first impression of the Eucris and Arlington soaps are that they're very nice, clean smelling soaps that would inspire a fresh feeling. Personally I think I'm slightly more interested in the Eucris scent and will use it first. The Proraso aftershave splash also smells very nice and I see why it's popular with many men. It makes me think of an Italian barber shop.

Now for the blades. I hand picked these blades because these are the brands that I'm most interested in trying based on all the research I've done. Or simply based on curiousity. So the (inevitable) question I have for all you intermediates and veterans is (come on, you knew it was coming). What blade would you suggest I begin with and why?
Good kit

Thanks guys.

I was originally thinking of starting with the Vidyut Super-Max blades. Don't ask me why. Just an inclination. But now I think enough of you have insisted on the Astra Platinums that I'll go ahead and use them first.

Timo - I'll definitely get back to you on the Proraso splash.

I love the smell of eucris soap!

Awesome setup!

Yeah, I like it too. While I'm waiting for my lady to clear some space in our small bathroom for my new additions, I find myself continuing to reach over and crack the lid of the bowl just enough to get a nice big wiff out of it. That's why I feel compelled to use it first.

Really awesome setup :thumbsup: I vote you go with Arlington first, the DR Harris soap is meant to be much better than the GFT.

Thank you. What do you mean by "meant to be much better"? I know the DRH soap has tallow and that's supposed to have a powdery smooth feeling to it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there some actual information that states that? I ask because I'm curious.

Thank you. What do you mean by "meant to be much better"? I know the DRH soap has tallow and that's supposed to have a powdery smooth feeling to it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there some actual information that states that? I ask because I'm curious.
A lot of people feel that after reformulation the GFT, TOBS, Penhaligons, etc... went downhill. Look around the forum enough, and most feel they really are not worth it anymore. DR Harris soaps get a lot of praise around here though (I have Arlington cream, and Marlborough AS, and they are both fantastic).

A lot of people feel that after reformulation the GFT, TOBS, Penhaligons, etc... went downhill. Look around the forum enough, and most feel they really are not worth it anymore. DR Harris soaps get a lot of praise around here though (I have Arlington cream, and Marlborough AS, and they are both fantastic).

Cool thanks for the responce. But when you say reformulation and list a number of brands, it makes me think they all (the brands) have something in common. Like being manufactured in the same place. Or by the same company. Or with the same ingredients. Is this the case?

To tell you the truth I used my EJ for the first time last night with the GFT soap. It smelled great and lathered quick. So far I've only ever used one other soap and that's the one that came in my VDH set. They both seemed nice to me. But then again, my opinion is limited to my experiance with those two. I did notice that the GFT soap lathered much faster than the VDH soap. That might be in part to the fact that my lathering skills are becoming much better and that I used the VDH soap first.

I will admit I'm very curious about the DRH Marlborough scent and the other products they offer, like their milks, after shaves and colognes. I wish there was a full collection sampler set they offered. Or the invention of smell over the internet. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom