What's new

And The Beat Goes On... Sig’s P320, M17 & 18

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
@simon1 - see what I mean? ... glad things turned out okay for LEO. He’s carrying a 1911, a P7M8 or some other pistol lacking a, dare I say it, Safe Action toggle & he most likely takes the .380 home without incident.

And a one & a two &....

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and hammer fired rules.

Just to be clear...that :001_tongu wasn't at you...it is @OkieStubble when he gets back to this thread. :)

At least he's coming around now. Kids now days...go figure.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here is a good invention and device for those striker fired guys who don’t have the absolute confidence with knowing what they are doing and not doing at all times when handling and holstering their striker fired pistols

I don’t need a gadget like this. Ima 1911 guy. :)

Weeelll, Todd Green, Craig Douglas and Tom Givens, among quite a few others find this (the SCD)very useful in non-square range scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I've worked on and built more than a few 1911s and various revolvers; I've worked on a few Sigs of various series. The latest Sigs have been produced with the idea of using the customers as beta-testers, which is a poor business model, given their product.

I've run a wide variety of weapons hard and fast, and have worked on weapons used hard and not-so-smartly by others.

Short version.
1911 Pros: Availability, multiple safeties
Cons: High cost of repair, more points of potential system failure with increased rate r/more add-ons and various manufacturers, most functional in primary caliber (.45)

Sig DA or DA/SA Pros: Incredibly smooth DA, longer pull=increased safety margin, excellent service track record
Cons: Long trigger reach difficult form smaller hands, high bore-axis, costly magazines

Glock Pros: No extraneous parts/safeties, lowest cost for replacement parts, most prolific and generally cheapest magazines
Cons: No extraneous safeties, intolerant of careless handling

They all have strengths and weaknesses, and I've carried all of them. We all have different usage scenarios. I know a fellow who worked Joint Task Force in Columbia in the '80s who carried a cocked 226 appendix, arguably a lighter trigger than Glock.

shoelessjoe had to cede the point- regardless of the platform, its a training issue. ;) The Fitz Special is considered a godless blasphemy today, but was actually the prototype for the Colt Detective Special. The message of that being, safety mechanisms are made for the lowest common denominator. If you want/need more, it doesn't, "make you more/less..." Wanting/needing fewer safeties doesn't, "make you more/less..." Assuming comparable training backgrounds, and a common sense approach to arms, it just means you have a different daily operational environment, e.g., with kids, in suburbia, in the country, inner-city, etc..

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Weeelll, Todd Green, Craig Douglas and Tom Givens, among quite a few others find this (the SCD)very useful in non-square range scenarios.

Don't get me wrong, I've worked on and built more than a few 1911s and various revolvers; I've worked on a few Sigs of various series. The latest Sigs have been produced with the idea of using the customers as beta-testers, which is a poor business model, given their product.

I've run a wide variety of weapons hard and fast, and have worked on weapons used hard and not-so-smartly by others.

Short version.
1911 Pros: Availability, multiple safeties
Cons: High cost of repair, more points of potential system failure with increased rate r/more add-ons and various manufacturers, most functional in primary caliber (.45)

Sig DA or DA/SA Pros: Incredibly smooth DA, longer pull=increased safety margin, excellent service track record
Cons: Long trigger reach difficult form smaller hands, high bore-axis, costly magazines

Glock Pros: No extraneous parts/safeties, lowest cost for replacement parts, most prolific and generally cheapest magazines
Cons: No extraneous safeties, intolerant of careless handling

They all have strengths and weaknesses, and I've carried all of them. We all have different usage scenarios. I know a fellow who worked Joint Task Force in Columbia in the '80s who carried a cocked 226 appendix, arguably a lighter trigger than Glock.

shoelessjoe had to cede the point- regardless of the platform, its a training issue. ;) The Fitz Special is considered a godless blasphemy today, but was actually the prototype for the Colt Detective Special. The message of that being, safety mechanisms are made for the lowest common denominator. If you want/need more, it doesn't, "make you more/less..." Wanting/needing fewer safeties doesn't, "make you more/less..." Assuming comparable training backgrounds, and a common sense approach to arms, it just means you have a different daily operational environment, e.g., with kids, in suburbia, in the country, inner-city, etc..

Good post.

Top Bottom