What's new

And so it starts.

Well looks like I've started down the garden path...lol. Next is to actually use it before my next acquisition comes in as owning only one straight just seems unfair....hahaha :blink: $fksMNAdgb3jk.jpg

That's a fancy looking razor! Have you picked out the next acquisition yet? I got my first straight for Christmas and I know I want a second but can't decide... And my wallet won't let me buy all the ones I want!

That's a fancy looking razor! Have you picked out the next acquisition yet? I got my first straight for Christmas and I know I want a second but can't decide... And my wallet won't let me buy all the ones I want!

Thanks... yes as a matter fact I picked up a Numaze....looks interesting...can't wait to see it live...lol$Straight.jpg

Keep the razor ALMOST FLAT against your face.

Do NOT try for a "30 degree angle" IT WILL BE TOO STEEP. You will get a crappy shave and the edge will deteriorate very quickly.

Keep it flat to your face, the spine just barely lifted off your skin, and peel off your whiskers.

Too steep is scraping, not shaving

Congrats, and welcome to the team!

Very nice :thumbup1:...

Do share your progress...

Thanks and had a little go with the Dovo this morning....actually went pretty good, just played one the left side burn/cheek area to see how it felt...not bad but I'm sure my technique was to steep as was suggested above...

Do NOT try for a "30 degree angle" IT WILL BE TOO STEEP. You will get a crappy shave and the edge will deteriorate very quickly.

Keep it flat to your face, the spine just barely lifted off your skin, and peel off your whiskers.

Too ste
ep is scraping, not shaving

Thanks and thanks for the tip as I think that's what I was doing...not to blame equipment for poor technique but the mirror in our bathroom really is awful for this...lol.

I'll give it another go on Wednesday....sadly no time to play tomorrow :-(

Too steep is scraping, not shaving

Best piece of advice one can get !

I would just add:

-Make sure your razor is perfectly honed
-no pressure !

Best shaves

Best piece of advice one can get !

I would just add:

-Make sure your razor is perfectly honed
-no pressure !

Best shaves

Thanks for the extra advice....gonna give it a second shot today...can't play to much till I get my strop though....damn

Well managed both checks WTG...much better this time thanks to your tips guys. Even managed to do left/left right/right hand/cheek....actually much easier left hand because I'm right dominant and the razor in hand just wanted to be more upright and less pressure...lol.
I'm not sure if it is me, the mirror being to small and low or something else but how the heck does one see around ones hand properly?

Lots of contorting of the opposite hand to stretch the skin and angling of the head in the mirror. On my offhand jawline pass - I have to do it by feel a bit.

Sort of like Yogi Couxdoux - like from that 80's TV Show That's Incredible - Yogi at it on Guinness World Record show: here

I can see most places on my face by twisting and turning, except I haven't figure out the sideburn line yet. I stay away and get that spot with the DE still.

Top Bottom