What's new

And so it begins.

I've got a few different interests/hobbies that I really enjoy. Trucks, 4wheelers, firearms, fishing, hunting, even flashlights. Now I can add wet shaving to the list, albeit more of a necessity than a hobby.

I've been doing a lot of reading on B&B and have learned much in the short time I've been here. This is my current set up with improvements coming soon.

proxy.php

I started with a VDH soap, brush, bowl set. Then I picked up a 1958 Gillette Super Speed TV Special from a local antique shop and am currently using CVS blades. I had been using the Polo Explorer AS and Shave Secrete for a few years already. Just added the Gillette Cool Wave, Old Spice Original (looking forward to picking up the Shulton India OS), and the GF spotted some Pinaud Clubman and Williams soap at CVS this evening after work.

I'm planning on picking up a puck of TOBS Sandalwood, a Murker 41 open comb, and a sample pack of blades consisting of :
Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum
Crystal or "Israeli"
Derby Extra
and Red Israeli Personna

Thanks everyone for making this place so friendly, informative, and fun.

Looking good! Nice start. The thing about this hobby is for the most part it's affordable, useful and makes one look and feel better. Welcome to B&B and enjoy!

Welcome to B&B. I will be interesting to read your opinion of the CVS blades to the sample pack you ordered.

Welcome KenK. I'm with you on there firearms, hunting and fishing. The nice thing about tho shaving stuff is that even a really nice razor is lot less expensive than a new rifle!

Keep us posted and I'm very interested in how you like, once you get it and start using it, the Muhle R41.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This is by far the cheapest hobby I have, and since I'm far from a rich man it works out quite nicely lol.

One thing I can say about the CVS blades so far is that they are painful when going against the grain on my neck. I'm excited to check out the sample pack, especially the feathers.

I have to say that the Clubman smells absolutely awesome! I'm 31 and the GF is 27 and neither of us thinks it has an "old man" smell to it. Personally I think the "old man" smell thing is bs unless your AS smells like vicks and rubbing alcohol.

Welcome KenK. I'm with you on there firearms, hunting and fishing. The nice thing about tho shaving stuff is that even a really nice razor is lot less expensive than a new rifle!

Keep us posted and I'm very interested in how you like, once you get it and start using it, the Muhle R41.

Yeah I just "finished" my AR build (it's never finished lol) and you could literally buy 80 Super Speeds with what I have in it. Btw, I'm planning on getting the Murker 41 open comb.

great starter set pretty close to mine actually. I just was using a muhle and the handle on my brush was white lol.

Yeah I just "finished" my AR build (it's never finished lol) and you could literally buy 80 Super Speeds with what I have in it. Btw, I'm planning on getting the Murker 41 open comb.

Haven't gotten into the AR build thing. I have a Bushmaster that I spent a few $$ on for a Geisselle trigger. That got it to MOZ (Minute of Zombie) and that's good enough for now. I did however drop quite a few bucks on a custom hunting rifle built on a Czech Brno VZ-24 action that I bought many years ago. It was my 50th birthday present to myself and is the best shooting rifle I have. Nothing like a great bolt action in 30-06!

Enjoy the AR and the razors. Let me know about that R41. It is on my wish list!

Welcome aboard Ken!

That's a good looking set up you've started with. Better go ahead and just start planning to remodel the bathroom now. If you're anything like the rest of us, you'll need the extra space. :lol:

Enjoy the journey!

Welcome Kent! Do you have an Elzetta? If not try one. I love both my 2 cell and 3 cell. I need to order the new head LOL

Welcome Kent! Do you have an Elzetta? If not try one. I love both my 2 cell and 3 cell. I need to order the new head LOL

Don't have an Elzetta yet. I'm running a Klarus XT11 with Eagle tac 18650 rechargeables. I do a lot of hog hunting and would burn through $50 worth of CR123A's a night.

CVS Blades??? They are like $7 per 10 in my region. Go on amazon and get 100 Derbys or 100 Astra SP's for $9 and save yourself some serious cash!

joel

CVS Blades??? They are like $7 per 10 in my region. Go on amazon and get 100 Derbys or 100 Astra SP's for $9 and save yourself some serious cash!

joel

The CVS blades were just to get me by. I'm ordering a sample pack from WCS.

Top Bottom