What's new

And so it begins. A home espresso journey

That's my new station
IMG_20200102_220148.jpg

Well... They left a delivery card, and I can't pick it up until tomorrow. But I planned for this horrific outcome (man I hate Canada post sometimes) and well

Have you considered signing up for Flex Delivery with Canada Post? I like it because I don't want Canada Post leaving packages on my doorstep, and they deliver directly to my nearest post office inside a pharmacy with much better hours than the regular post office.

You ran your showerhead into a pillowcase loaded with grinds and made a coffee bath?

Q: From our lunch coffees years ago (I feel old) I know you like good java, but what started you down the espresso machine path?
I missed this comment Sam, sorry. Been looking for a machine for a long time, just never a good price at the right time. Years ago I came close to pulling the trigger on a barista but held off... Months later is when our dollar lost par with the US and the machines went way up in price. The Bambino had the right price at the right time. So I finally went for it is all

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hi Syngent, I noticed the "oshawa" and there are many coffee roasters in Toronto, Hale, Pilot, De Mello, mm.. theres on in Markham.. um.. the name escapes me.. Source? I forget, there also one guy east hat roasts small batches on request.. when I find it I'll pass it on, if you are looking for Green beans (to roast yourself) Espresso World has some (store in Mississauga) and also Green Beanery downtown Toronto by Bathurst Station has green beans (and free bean bags that look nice hung up), if you buy from Espresso World, shoot them an email and ask about discounts/upcoming sales, and even if they don't, the sales rep will usually give you a something small from personal experience..

Hi Syngent, I noticed the "oshawa" and there are many coffee roasters in Toronto, Hale, Pilot, De Mello, mm.. theres on in Markham.. um.. the name escapes me.. Source? I forget, there also one guy east hat roasts small batches on request.. when I find it I'll pass it on, if you are looking for Green beans (to roast yourself) Espresso World has some (store in Mississauga) and also Green Beanery downtown Toronto by Bathurst Station has green beans (and free bean bags that look nice hung up), if you buy from Espresso World, shoot them an email and ask about discounts/upcoming sales, and even if they don't, the sales rep will usually give you a something small from personal experience..
Wow, thanks. The last couple of bags I bought came from idrinkcoffee I think are in Mississauga.

Wow, thanks. The last couple of bags I bought came from idrinkcoffee I think are in Mississauga.
I’ve been using Pilot roasters for the last two and half years Fed Exd to my door day after roast date. We have been using the Heritage blend for dry caps and V60’s, nice chocolate.

I've been missing out, and non of you guys told me. So I found a non pressurised basket for my machine. Turns out my set up was really close to dialed in too. I had to adjust the grind a couple of settlings for brew time, but other then that boom, lots of crema and we'll, it seems to bring more flavour out to. Not necessarily stronger, but more notes in the cup pop.
I feel like I've waisted a lot of coffee to get here

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That’s not a waist. You discovered what works for you and you learned along the way.
Sounds like a plan came together

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

A bit further West. Milton. They do great videos about equipment. My current espresso machine is from them and my first grinder as well.

I suspect Evan might have been talking about Espresso Planet not Espresso World but who knows I'm wrong frequently. (my current grinder is from here and french press and moka pot . . . closest to home for me)

I think the roast to custom guy is my original suggestion Dark City Coffee. Even by Canada Post it is here a day or two after roasting.

I've ordered from Green Beanery . . . I think that is where I found my Aeropress. Nothing wrong . . . I should try them again.

Pilot I've yet to try.

Birds and Beans in Etobicoke is pretty nice too. And also nice chocolate.

Wow . . . Canadians do like coffee.

Last edited:
A bit further West. Milton. They do great videos about equipment. My current espresso machine is from them and my first grinder as well.

I suspect Evan might have been talking about Espresso Planet not Espresso World but who knows I'm wrong frequently. (my current grinder is from here and french press and moka pot . . . closest to home for me)

I think the roast to custom guy is my original suggestion Dark City Coffee. Even by Canada Post it is here a day or two after roasting.

I've ordered from Green Beanery . . . I think that is where I found my Aeropress. Nothing wrong . . . I should try them again.

Pilot I've yet to try.

Think I got a years worth of suggestions now lol. So far the sweet collections coffee from idrinkcoffee has been my fav.

Since I'm from Miami, I'm partial to Cafe' Pilon or Cafe' Bustelo. Bustelo is easy to find in Michigan, Pilon not so much.

Pilot I've yet to try.

Idrinkcoffee is good people. I got my grinder from them (fiorenzato f4e nano) as well as my rocket r60v as "open box but new" deals. Saved a buttload. I'm a huge fan of their brazilian coffee beans too; the daterra stuff is absolutely world class and very consistent from them.

Top Bottom