What's new

And so it begins. A home espresso journey

Btw, on top of being able to adjust grind size, it also has an adjustment for time. Is the time adjustment simply for how quickly I want to handle the amount of grinds coming down, or does it effect the quality of the grind as well ?

Time is to replicate the quantity that is ground.

Grab a scale.
Tare it so that the porta filler reads zero
Grind 12 seconds and weigh.

8 grams is a single shot
15 grams is a double.

Record the amount of time it takes to get both 8gr and 15gr.

You can grind a double or single every time using the time setting for each.

That way you don't have to go to the scale every time.

Time is to replicate the quantity that is ground.

Grab a scale.
Tare it so that the porta filler reads zero
Grind 12 seconds and weigh.

8 grams is a single shot
15 grams is a double.

Record the amount of time it takes to get both 8gr and 15gr.

You can grind a double or single every time using the time setting for each.

That way you don't have to go to the scale every time.
I don't have my portafilter yet, the machine comes tomorrow. But I can do the rest tonight.

Thanks for the tip

I don't have my portafilter yet, the machine comes tomorrow. But I can do the rest tonight.

Thanks for the tip

I "believe" your machine is going to be a semi-automatic where you "program the pulls".

If it is, get a 2 oz graduated "measure". Program single to 1 oz and double to 2 oz.

I "believe" your machine is going to be a semi-automatic where you "program the pulls".

If it is, get a 2 oz graduated "measure". Program single to 1 oz and double to 2 oz.
It is programmable. Your way sounds more accurate then my go with your gut feeling

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I don't know about the grinder but be careful when getting finer. What I mean is it is safer to adjust the grind when the grinder is empty.

I'm certain someone else can say this better than I can.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Mike is right; Adjusting to a coarser grind is okay with or without anything in the burrs, but adjusting to a finer grind should be done when the burrs are empty.

Mike is right; Adjusting to a coarser grind is okay with or without anything in the burrs, but adjusting to a finer grind should be done when the burrs are empty.
I don't know about the grinder but be careful when getting finer. What I mean is it is safer to adjust the grind when the grinder is empty.

I'm certain someone else can say this better than I can.
I made sure I went to finest before loading beans so I could move course from there

Sad face is sad. Package is showing for today, but it not showing out for delivery means I probably won't see it today.

Ffffffinallllllly
Screenshot_20200102-125351.png

Well... They left a delivery card, and I can't pick it up until tomorrow. But I planned for this horrific outcome (man I hate Canada post sometimes) and well.
IMG_20200102_180653.jpg
IMG_20200102_180754.jpg
IMG_20200102_180904.jpg
IMG_20200102_182130.jpg

And it tastes great too. A bit strong i think the grind was a bit to fine. But I did start with boiling water in the base. Cooled it under the tap right after. I am almost happy, as happy as a guy who didn't get his new toy for another late day could be

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
You ran your showerhead into a pillowcase loaded with grinds and made a coffee bath?

Q: From our lunch coffees years ago (I feel old) I know you like good java, but what started you down the espresso machine path?

Btw... Is it normal for ledt/right to pour so different off the portafilter. Hard to measure a dual shot with shot glasses when it does this. Glass on left is almost full. Right side not even half
IMG_20200102_205355.jpg

Top Bottom