What's new

And all this time, I thought they were Personnas.

I've been using the store brand blade for 10 years. I read on here back then that more than likely store brands are Personna blades. I accepted that. I had no reason to doubt the shaving pros on B&B. (I was the ignorant newbie; who was I to contradict? Now, I'm the ignorant decader.) I was in the grocery store today and looked at the package, and they said made in Vietnam. So I did a search here, and apparently that would make them Dorcos. Various posts I saw said if it's made in Vietnam, they're Dorco.

US made Personna/ASR blades used to be the store brand, pretty much everywhere. I remember being able to find Israel made Personnas in some dollar stores.

The Vietnam or Korean store brands are most likely Dorco.

I have seen the made in Germany Personna store brands once or twice now.

I'm not sure of the timeline exactly, but American Safety Razor went bankrupt and got bought by Energizer and that's when the US Personna store brand blades started to disappear.

I've been using the store brand blade for 10 years. I read on here back then that more than likely store brands are Personna blades. I accepted that. I had no reason to doubt the shaving pros on B&B. (I was the ignorant newbie; who was I to contradict? Now, I'm the ignorant decader.) I was in the grocery store today and looked at the package, and they said made in Vietnam. So I did a search here, and apparently that would make them Dorcos. Various posts I saw said if it's made in Vietnam, they're Dorco.
Never tried dorco just seen some on Amazon UK tempted to get them

I'm guessing the ones he's using look like this and can see why he might have thought they were Personnas as the set up does look similar.
IMG_20170123_190309.jpg

TopCare brand and the Family Dollar store brand DE blades were still Israeli Personnas up until a year or two ago when Edgewell closed their plant in Israel. That's when I saw Dorco blades take over the store brands. The new CVS Goodline brand is made in Germany, so likely still Personna.

If you look at the end of the blade dispenser of GEM style blades, you'll see the Accutec logo embossed there. Same with boxes of hair shaper blades.

I'm guessing the ones he's using look like this and can see why he might have thought they were Personnas as the set up does look similar. View attachment 1266888

I bought some like that on close out while my local K-Mart was dying a slow death. For sure not Personna/ASR blades. The dispenser is very similar but the "Double Edge" is italicized on the Asian made blades. I still have dispensers from both but haven't used one in years.

I do remember seeing different marked Personna store brands in various stores. Some said comfort coated and some just said stainless. I was never sure whether the blades were the same or not.

TopCare brand and the Family Dollar store brand DE blades were still Israeli Personnas up until a year or two ago when Edgewell closed their plant in Israel. That's when I saw Dorco blades take over the store brands. The new CVS Goodline brand is made in Germany, so likely still Personna.

If you look at the end of the blade dispenser of GEM style blades, you'll see the Accutec logo embossed there. Same with boxes of hair shaper blades.
Best Choice is the brand name on these. Store brand for Reasor's grocery store (and probably other stores).

DE BLADES2.png

Confused yet?? :mad2: :mad2:

(Part of the Personna experience for me!)

Top Bottom