What's new

An under-rated brush

S

Sam

My vote is for a Black Badger hair Plisson. They run about $60 or so, or at least mine did, and the 22mm knot really packs a whallop. It was prickly at first but after four shaves, it has really softened. I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a regular pure badger. Sure it is not as soft as a silvertip, but hey, it is every bit as striking in appearance as a HMW. Lathers creams and soaps equally impressively.

Sam

I purchased the black and grey badger shave brushes from Chopin Pharmacy-in Greepoint, Bklyn NY and they are prickly, tend to shed, and are overpriced and overrated. Though I have a metal handle one I purchased & it shed only one hair. Perhaps the more upscales Plisson brushes sold by the Art of Shaving are better. I like VUlfix, Muehle Pinsel-st, and Saville Row.

Sam said:
My vote is for a Black Badger hair Plisson. They run about $60 or so, or at least mine did, and the 22mm knot really packs a whallop. It was prickly at first but after four shaves, it has really softened. I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and a regular pure badger. Sure it is not as soft as a silvertip, but hey, it is every bit as striking in appearance as a HMW. Lathers creams and soaps equally impressively.

Sam

I have a Vulfix #18 pure badger (not quite black but who's cares)? The thing is a great value and excellent brush!! Does just as good as a Kent T8 Super, both in performance & water retention (very dense & great feel). I use mine more than any other I own!

I do like the look of those Plisson brushes, I'm off to Frnce next month, I might see if I can find myself one.

Kalypso said:
I have a Vulfix #18 pure badger (not quite black but who's cares)? The thing is a great value and excellent brush!! Does just as good as a Kent T8 Super, both in performance & water retention (very dense & great feel). I use mine more than any other I own!

I would agree with the comments on the #18. I am currently preparing for a house move, and have packed almost all of my brushes...the #18 is my current workhorse, and gives fantastic service with both creams and soaps.

Brian

Top Bottom