What's new

An unconventional way to get BBS on the neck

That's how I shave my jaw line! I tilt my head down and to the side and shave along the chub rather than try to shave along the bone of my jaw.

Edit * bullfrogging = perfect!

Last edited:
$Kermit_shaves.jpg

I am a straight shaver but I do believe in your technique. For example, just recently I was wondering why when I perform my second Across the Grain pass from left to right I pull my skin to the left. When I realized it i thought it was rather silly of me, but the razor's performance was not in the least compromised. I'll take your suggestions for some troubling neck areas. Thanks!

Tried this tonight with my SC NEW and it I really liked it.
It was very strange to shave this way but my face really liked it

I'll have to spend some more time with this technique to see If I can get a closer shave as I didn't want to over do it on my first attempt.

Amazing technique. I had learned and used bull frogging from Mantic's video. I tried this post using a Fatip Piccolo and a moderate sharp Gillette Wilkinson with some Shulton old spice Lime shave cream. I could do a luxurious 3 pass shave without weepers or blood with this technique. I also noticed I did not have to struggle too much with the lower neck portion where I can never do ATG, especially with such an aggressive razor. Even the finish up alum sting felt sweet, if you know what I mean.

Brilliant technique, Thanks much for sharing.

Amazing, I am sitting here rolling my neck towards my shoulder, and thinking what a good technique to get along my jawline. Instead of pulling up and to the side. Thus tightening the skin. I think loosening the skin or rolling it would create a better, smoother irritation free shave. I will try this tomorrow and report back.

I will join the chorus. Did it yesterday and today. Felt great today. Normally ATG below jawline is a big no-no for me, since it's a sure recipe for day long irritation. Today though I could go ATG there and there was practically zero sting from the alum block afterwards - just a little tingling.

Thanks a ton for sharing this.

This bullfroging is brilliant! In fact, I went a step further and relaxed the skin on and above the jawline and on my cheeks with amazing results. Even after just 2 passes I had a DFS, the touch-up pass got me a buttery BBS with zero irritation. Great technique.

"Bullfrogging" I never knew it had a name, very descriptive. So I hold the razor still and move my mouth when ATG on upper lip and edges, does this technique have a name. Is there a glossary of face pulling names.

"Bullfrogging" I never knew it had a name, very descriptive. So I hold the razor still and move my mouth when ATG on upper lip and edges, does this technique have a name. Is there a glossary of face pulling names.

That is probably called "Nudging the razor" :tongue_sm

I would love to see such a glossary too.

In keeping with the 'animal' theme for Bullfrogging I suggest Cat Rubbing because it resembles a cat's face rub on something or someone it wants to mark and claim.

Now let me get this straight, since I am basically a simpleton. You either push the skin toward the direction the razor is coming from or tilt the head so it relaxes the skin...then you shave across the rolls of skin (parallel or go over them (perpendicular)? Either way, I'm mystified this doesn't cause nicks.

Mantic, how's that video coming?

Top Bottom