What's new

An old Soldier says farewell

I stumbled across this bottle of Elijah Craig bourbon several years ago at, of all places, Costco. It was a few days before Thanksgiving and my wife gave me a shopping list. On the way out of Costco I swung into the liquor section for a few bottles of wine and there he was sitting with 3 or 4 of his fellow soldiers, all that remained of a once proud Platoon. I wish I had brought them all home with me that day. I typically drink Makers 46, and while Elijah Craig to my taste isn't quite as good, its still a darn nice bourbon. This version having aged 18 years in an oak barrel better than other EC offerings I've tried.

It became sort of a tradition for my brother and I to share a couple drinks from this bottle over Thanksgiving and that became the only time I drank from it. Their remains just enough whiskey for one final Thanksgiving. Oddly enough, this year Thanksgiving falls on the 28th, this bottles 30th birthday.

For those of you that enjoy a good whiskey, please raise a glass this November 28th in remembrance of a fine old Soldier.

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving!

Elijah Craig 1.JPG

Elijah Craig 2.JPG

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Cheers
I have a 1.75liter bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year I am saving for a special occasion.

Top Bottom