What's new

An Old School Gift

Thank you for all the information gentlemen. I already have a plan to get together with him for lunch and hear a bit of history.

Here they are all cleaned up and ready to shave. The Single Ring has very minimal brassing on the top plate edges and the end of the handle. Unfortunately since the Krect was stored in its leather pouch for many years, it suffered a bit of plate loss to the handle. However the top plate only has a tad bit of staining and brassing and the base plate is perfect.
I think I will try the Krect first, so a shave report should follow tomorrow.

IMG_1250.JPG
IMG_1249.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG
IMG_1247.JPG

Krect shave report:

Usual prep of a shower and then bowl lather TOBS Jermyn Street. Lather up, load a Nacet blade and then NS pass followed by SN pass and then EW pass with clean up. The first shave was 3/4 day growth. The result was reasonable, but was definitely tricky to find the sweet spot for the angle.

Second shave was a full days growth and a Feather blade....AAAHHH! Second worst shave since I returned to wet shaving. It seemed to start well, but I was struggling to find the right angle. I ended up with serious razor burn on my jawline and neck with four weepers. I tried a Gem Micromatic and that holds first place for worst shave.

I have shaved with (Red Tip, 46-47 Aristocrat, New Standard, Old Type, ABC Pocket Edition, Fatboy, Slim, Pre-war Fat Tech, Rocket HD, Parker, Merkur 34C HD...any many others) and have had very little issues compared to this. Apparently my technique needs improvement in order to use the Krect.
However, with a solid stable of fine razors I enjoy this one will likely end up out to pasture.

Krect shave report:

Usual prep of a shower and then bowl lather TOBS Jermyn Street. Lather up, load a Nacet blade and then NS pass followed by SN pass and then EW pass with clean up. The first shave was 3/4 day growth. The result was reasonable, but was definitely tricky to find the sweet spot for the angle.

Second shave was a full days growth and a Feather blade....AAAHHH! Second worst shave since I returned to wet shaving. It seemed to start well, but I was struggling to find the right angle. I ended up with serious razor burn on my jawline and neck with four weepers. I tried a Gem Micromatic and that holds first place for worst shave.

I have shaved with (Red Tip, 46-47 Aristocrat, New Standard, Old Type, ABC Pocket Edition, Fatboy, Slim, Pre-war Fat Tech, Rocket HD, Parker, Merkur 34C HD...any many others) and have had very little issues compared to this. Apparently my technique needs improvement in order to use the Krect.
However, with a solid stable of fine razors I enjoy this one will likely end up out to pasture.
Sorry about the shave! At least you have a fine filly for the stable.

Yes indeed I do. And I can say I shaved with a Krect a couple times. Not a bad deal at all...take that razor burn! :a53:

Top Bottom