What's new

An old article from Corey

I smell a troll. FWIW, I simply build lather on my face but that's a personal preference, not a law. When I'm traveling (often by motorcycle) I pack light and a bowl for shaving wouldn't occur to me. YMMV

For a married man he seems unduly interested in male (and horse) ejaculate. Very disturbing:confused:

I use a lathering bowl because I like it... Also, with a large brush, lathering in the cupped hand or on the face doesn't work---for me. It does work with a smaller brush (e.g., Simpson Major travel brush).

But, like the rest of you, I don't think the issue is really whether to use a lathering bowl or not. In the forums, those who like the lathering bowl say so, and leave it up to the reader to try it or not, to use it or not. The original poster seems to have something else on his mind---and to be more angry than the issue warrants...

He's the kind of guy I sort of move away from in public.

What I don't get is how much animosity he has towards the forums. We're shavegeeks, so what? Who cares? I'm here and it seems like everyone else is too, to learn and to share knowledge about a daily necessity and something that we happen to enjoy. Somehow, I think it's far more geeky to just post it on your blog, rather than actually communicate and converse with like minded individulals. And who cares if someone uses a bowl. I'm thinking some four letter words here that I'm not going to type. He compares lather to ejaculate I'm glad he loves it all over his hands, that's so much cooler. Shave on geeks!

I don't need a guy like that telling or even suggesting what guys should shave with. He doesn't know my skin type, or beard type. If someone is happy with a particular set-up, for him, it's perfect.

Jeff

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That article is just too funny. Corey is seriously insecure.

Ranting about shaving bowls! Thats just too much :lol1:.

I must agree with Nick on this one. The blogger who shall go unnamed probably needs more than readership, he needs attention.
What I find most amusing is that cyclically we have someone save us from our own little boring worlds and quote or synopsize one of the blog entries beyond style and then tell us how wonderful and charming and ...
Well, for those of you who wonder why the blogger who shall go unnamed does not post on the forums, I suggest that you wake up and smell the coffee (from the south end of the luwak heading north). The blogger who shall go unnamed probably has more the one nom de plume and probably is a frequent visitor, if not poster, to geekland.:sleep1:

My name is Larry and I'm a shavegeek.

Concerning the unnamed blogger's article, if you make lather in your left hand, how do you use that hand to hold the razor to shave that side of your face without getting lather all over the place? I'm ambirazorous, so unless I can grow another hand, I'll continue to make lather in my $0.50 bowl from the thrift shop.

By the way, I prefer the term WIS - Wetshaving Idiot Savant, rather than shavegeek. This is not original - I borrowed (stole) this term from the watch forums, where it's Watch Idiot Savant.

YMMV.

Larry C in Texas said:
My name is Larry and I'm a shavegeek.

Concerning the unnamed blogger's article, if you make lather in your left hand, how do you use that hand to hold the razor to shave that side of your face without getting lather all over the place? I'm ambirazorous, so unless I can grow another hand, I'll continue to make lather in my $0.50 bowl from the thrift shop.

By the way, I prefer the term WIS - Wetshaving Idiot Savant, rather than shavegeek. This is not original - I borrowed (stole) this term from the watch forums, where it's Watch Idiot Savant.

YMMV.
After thinking about your question, perhaps the blooger who shall remain unnamed has a prehensile tail?:lol:

Why does this seem familiar? Oh, I know.

Sometimes my kids behave unpleasantly because they want the attention. Even if it´s the wrong kind of attention, it´s still better than being ignored.

Top Bottom