What's new

An interesting read

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I came across the article yesterday and after getting to know a handful of you I learned that there are several of us with a seagoing profession. Even if in the past, it's a pretty interesting read. It's about the first submarine successfully used to sink an enemy ship. Of it sank itself in the process with all hands lost. I believe the article said there were 8 men on board. Out of 8 men, any guesses on how many pipes were found inside the wreckage of a ship the occupants couldn't smoke in?

These men from the 1860's viewed their pipes as such an extension of themselves that they brought along thier pipes on a mission in which they couldn't enjoy them.

Check out the story here.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Thanks for the link. Truth be told I always have a pipe pouch with my in my EDC bag all the time. If I ever drive off the cliff and they find my remains a hundred years later they will think the same of me :).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for posting! It was very interesting. I think I have a mug that was a fund raiser for raising that sub that I got for a quarter dog gone at Goodwill! I'll go look....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Youse guys.... I'm a certified hoarder! Who NEEDS all this crap I got!

This cup is just the size I like, but only for coffee. It would be impossible to load soap on a brush:
IMG_20200405_133104485.jpg
IMG_20200405_133110995.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I came across the article yesterday and after getting to know a handful of you I learned that there are several of us with a seagoing profession. Even if in the past, it's a pretty interesting read. It's about the first submarine successfully used to sink an enemy ship. Of it sank itself in the process with all hands lost. I believe the article said there were 8 men on board. Out of 8 men, any guesses on how many pipes were found inside the wreckage of a ship the occupants couldn't smoke in?

These men from the 1860's viewed their pipes as such an extension of themselves that they brought along thier pipes on a mission in which they couldn't enjoy them.

Check out the story here.
My neighbor, a Confederate reenactor, marched in the funeral parade in Charleston after the recovery

Top Bottom