What's new

An explosion!

First of all, let me say that I really enjoy wet shaving - I look forward to the ritual every day. I have 3 modest razors in my rotation and about 10 soaps/creams. I've slowed down on the software purchases because of inventory backlog and really wanting to be happy with what I get from a product after the "honeymoon" is over. Razors seem to have undergone the same evolution as golf clubs and bicycle drive trains. Newer, (in some cases)better materials, closer tolerances, immunity to corrosion, etc. Many artisan shaving soaps seem to have followed the trend in the health food industry - natural ingredients, fewer or no chemical additives, etc. In some cases it seems to mirror high-end audio equipment. That last 10% of performance can cost you 100 times more than something rated as "very good". Do what makes you happy - we have the freedom to decide what level of priority this has in our lives.

I am now at the point that a soap bores me I ditch it/give it away. I am pretty happy with the razors I have and going to sell of the ones I rarely use or not like. New soap, happy with the stirlings so just for kicks get samples instead of whole tubs.
best is to team with some buddies and give a lot get a lot to try.
Keep in mind some soaps etc get bad in due time.

Oh, I think if you are using DE blade in a DE razor, you can safely be considered a traditional shaver.

Back when I was a traditional shaver when it was modern shaving, we generally had one or two razors and maybe two soaps. We didn't buy every new thing that came along... that is until it was a Trac II razor. Then we stopped being traditional shavers.

In my opinion, minimalism is part of traditional shaving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom