What's new

An easier way to get the funk out of boars? I may have found one.

I love the animal smell a lot. When I got a new boar in early dec, it had that smell. Now I'm so sad that it's gone. I wish it would come back. Any suggestions?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love the animal smell a lot. When I got a new boar in early dec, it had that smell. Now I'm so sad that it's gone. I wish it would come back. Any suggestions?
Its kinda easy where I live. Go to the nearest pig farmer and let him use your brush, break it in, like.

Pig farmers always smell like pig. No matter how much they bathe. They'll enjoy the smell of your shaving soap, and their funk will transfer to your brush.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So my first boar brush took a little while to get the funk out, even after using my shampoo and even a little dish soap.

I ordered another one, an omega 10048, and this one also smells like wet dog. The wet dog got me thinking about my dog, and when he stinks he gets a bath with dog shampoo. Now, I have only tried this once, so I cannot confirm the repeatibility of my results, but after only one wash the smell is mostly gone. It worked really well. After two the smell was completely gone, at least to my nose and my wife's. I can't confirm if it will have any adverse effects on the life of the brush, but I can't see how it would.

This definitely worked better than any other method I have tried. Maybe I am on to something?
View attachment 1385578
Brilliant idea, nothing wrong with having a boar brush smelling neutral. Good news for boar and horse brush sales am thinking.
Folks will use a brush if they enjoy all the aspects of it. I do enjoy my boar brushes for lathering!

We have badgers in my state too! Both natural hair and foam! bucky-badger-1.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We use to have a fair number of badgers around here. I've seen a badger (alive) inside a a dead cow just eating away. It was nasty. We might be splitting hairs as to which one smells better.
Amen to that!

Top Bottom