What's new

An Early Scare for Halloween!

How would a blind man have shaved back in the 1800s?

Probably with a barber (or someone you trusted)! :biggrin1: One thing not often mentioned with straight razors (indicated in the YT links) versus anything else, is you have the potential opportunity to shave with an instrument two or three hundred years old - or older (if you can put an edge on it). Not that a museum would let you, but imagine shaving with Napoleon's razor....:eek2:

Probably with a barber (or someone you trusted)! :biggrin1: One thing not often mentioned with straight razors (indicated in the YT links) versus anything else, is you have the potential opportunity to shave with an instrument two or three hundred years old - or older (if you can put an edge on it). Not that a museum would let you, but imagine shaving with Napoleon's razor....:eek2:
Yep, I'm guessing barber, wife or helper. One of the things I love about straight razor shaving is that I can use a 200 year old instrument that works just as well now as it did when it was made!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Um, I don't know quite what to make of that. Amazing? Fearless? Foolhardy? I just don't know. :eek2:

Um, I don't know quite what to make of that. Amazing? Fearless? Foolhardy? I just don't know. :eek2:
Foolhardy mostly. Yes, fearless also. I asked him to at least practice with the back of a bread knife, but he was so sure he wouldn't have a problem. Some of those passes were angled really wrong and I was afraid of a bad cut. He got lucky.

Top Bottom