What's new

An amusing conversation with SWMBO

My wife and I found a missed parcel delivery card from Australia Post when we got home yesterday.

SWMBO: ‘It says that the parcel is heavy’
Me: ‘That’s right, it’s the soap’
SWMBO: ‘What?’
Me: ‘Yeah, the laundry detergent and fabric softener that I ordered’
SWMBO: ‘Oh that makes sense, I was trying work out how a shaving soap order could be heavy’

Well, it could but I wasn’t going to provide an answer to that question.

Lol, that was like when I had a kilo of soap, 2l of glycerine and a few other odds and ends turning up for making my own soap.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TLOML has informed me that for all shaving purchases I must put in a business case and have it signed in triplicate. ... have it rejected rewritten resubmitted and only after the appropriate amount of back rubs and cups of tea final purchase might be given if I have been a good boy. [emoji15][emoji1417][emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have it rejected rewritten resubmitted and only after the appropriate amount of back rubs and cups of tea final purchase might be given if I have been a good boy.
Any time someone complains about bureaucracy this quote springs to mind.

"They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters." -- Douglas Adams; of Vogon bureaucratic process.

Back rubs and tea sounds nice, I'll buy you some soap. ;)

Any time someone complains about bureaucracy this quote springs to mind.

"They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters." -- Douglas Adams; of Vogon bureaucratic process.

Back rubs and tea sounds nice, I'll buy you some soap. ;)

That is exactly where I got it from... [emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom