What's new

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Not that we couldn't see it coming, but it's devastating when someone so immensely talented dies at such a young age. I was listening to Frank just yesterday, in awe at the depth of emotion and musical maturity that could be expressed by a 19-year old. RIP, Amy.

Tragic,women had a magic gift,brings back memorys of seeing janis joplin live in monterey back in the day.
Yep i am old,was also at woodstock and altamont (as I recall).

I agree it's tragic, my condolences and sympathy go out to her family, what I think is more of a tragedy is that how someone so talented has waited it all on drink and drugs, with this terrible outcome the result

Very sad news!

In a way I'm surprised and shocked, but when I think about it on another level, I guess I'm not...It seemed inevitable.
I don't really consider myself a fan of hers, but she was undeniably talented, and a fellow human being..
My sympathies to her family, and all who knew and loved her... but could not save her...

Wow.
On the other hand, it only took her 27 years to produce a collection of quality music that many other more famous musicians fail to produce in a lifetime.

Any death that young is sad, even tragic. What makes her passing particularly saddening is that so many saw it coming. It was not, however, inevitable.

Like many exceptional artists, was a figure who was both equally brilliant and tragic at the same time. I've wondered if folks like that ever really enjoy their success?

I hope that she's in a better place and able to enjoy some peace.

Like many exceptional artists, was a figure who was both equally brilliant and tragic at the same time. I've wondered if folks like that ever really enjoy their success?

I hope that she's in a better place and able to enjoy some peace.

This statement says my thoughts 100% it unfortunately seems so often that the lives of truly great talents end tragically and early. My thoughts are with her loved ones.

People who take drugs to escape the pressures of life ... too often succeed.
What a waste of a life and a talent.

Top Bottom